Florida-South Florida

Save the dates

Hi!

Ok so we got our engagement pictures back and they turned out GREAT!!  I am now looking at different save the date designs. when I pick my design and get ready to send them out, how do I address them to our guest who are in a relationship non-married,  do I address it to each of them like Mr. John  Smith and Miss. Carol Wilson?  ( just examples names) .

thanks.

Re: Save the dates

• The way that it should be (from what I have read)

Married Couples : Mrs. & Mr. John Smith

Non Married Couples:  1st line : Ms. Carol Wilson  (No *and*)
      2nd line: Mr. John Smith 

I would say that I would put the person I am closest to on the first line. 

• I found an article of more "modern ettiquite" which I personally really liked.

It is all about being respectful, rather than strictly traditional for the sake of tradition, which I really like.  In this instance, it says to treat married and unmarried couples the same.  Especially since there are so many long term couples that choose (or are not allowed) to marry these days.  It seems respectful to me to treat them as you would a married couple.  

So for the (widowed) mother and daughter that live together (ie. roommates, not couple), I put 

Mrs. Carol Smith
    Ms. Annabelle Smith

And for the long term couple, I address it as I would a married couple with different last names.

Ms. Mary Sunshine and Mr. Fred Tophat 

(I believe the woman, or the person with the highest title goes first).
  • Awesome, thanks ladies. !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards