Wedding Etiquette Forum

Program Edits

Hi I had a bridesmaid back out 3 weeks before my wedding.  The programs had been finished with her name in them.  I am looking for opinions on the least tacky way to fix the programs with out redoing them, I don't have the time or money for that.  I have thought about white out, or attaching a card saying something to the effect of "Due to circumstances we could not avoid ______ was not able to take part in the ceremony"  Any thoughts or suggestions?  I greatly appreciate any feedback! 

Re: Program Edits

• Just leave it.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013

I would just leave it as is and not worry about it.  Or don't use the programs at all.

Plus, if you draw attention to it, people start talking and wondering what happened when it was probably nothing.

• Is it really going to be that big of a deal? Just let it be. Your guests aren't going to fact check your programs.
    Anniversary
  • Tab2384 said:
    Hi I had a bridesmaid back out 3 weeks before my wedding.  The programs had been finished with her name in them.  I am looking for opinions on the least tacky way to fix the programs with out redoing them, I don't have the time or money for that.  I have thought about white out, or attaching a card saying something to the effect of "Due to circumstances we could not avoid ______ was not able to take part in the ceremony"  Any thoughts or suggestions?  I greatly appreciate any feedback! 

And you never know...she may have a change of heart and show up at the church.

My vote goes for skipping the programs unless you have a particularly complex religious ceremony for guests to follow along with.

• Unless this was a friendship ending situation where you don't want to see her name as a bridesmaid, I would just leave it. The folks that would notice would probably also know what is going on.  if it was that I wouldn't want to bring unneeded attention to it, so I would just scrap the programs.
  • As someone who never looks at programs I would have never known that you were supposed to have one more BM up there with you.

Leave them as is or just don't use them.

• I would just leave it, chances are people won't really notice. And programs will be thrown out by almost everyone immediately after, so spending the time or money to change them wouldn't, IMO, be worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just leave it be.  Last Friday I found out 20 HOURS before my ceremony that a groomsman wouldn't be in attendance.  Just leave it alone.
  • Just leave them as is. We had a groomsman back out after I'd made ours. I like them, and I still want to use them -- and no one will really care about the extra name. And unless there's super-bad blood between you and the former BM, she *was* your BM for a time, and in spirit, so it's still okay. That's how we're looking at it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards