Wedding Etiquette Forum

Contacting guests after RSVP deadline

jlazgrljlazgrl member
First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
edited September 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
My deadline hasn't hit just yet. I still have 4 days to go so I'm expecting most of them to come in over the next week or so. For those who don't respond, I know I need to contact them to find out if they will be coming or not. Try as I might, there are a few (6 to be exact) that I can't get a phone number for. Would it be acceptable to try to ask them via FB, or is that wrong etiquette wise? And if this is wrong, what else could I do?

Re: Contacting guests after RSVP deadline

• jlazgrl said:
    My deadline hasn't hit just yet. I still have 4 days to go so I'm expecting most of them to come in over the next week or so. For those who don't respond, I know I need to contact them to find out if they will be coming or not. Try as I might, there are a few (6 to be exact) that I can't get a phone number for. Would it be acceptable to try to ask them via FB, or is that wrong etiquette wise? And if this is wrong, what else could I do?

Before I can answer, I'm super confused as to the bolded. Why are you inviting people to your wedding that you can't even get their phone number?

Do they not have phones...or?

• jlazgrl said:
    Try to contact them by any means possible.  If you can only contact them by Facebook or email, that's okay.  You could also try Googling them and see if you get phone numbers for them.
  • itzMS said:
    jlazgrl said:

Before I can answer, I'm super confused as to the bolded. Why are you inviting people to your wedding that you can't even get their phone number?

Do they not have phones...or?

2 do not have phones. 2 have "emergency only" phones that they can only call out on (at least that's what they tell me. I've tried to call and get no answer or voicemail). 1 is out of town until a week before the wedding and nobody knows how to get ahold of her. The other one I don't know why nobody has his number. It is my grandma's brother.
  • If whitepages.com doesn't yield phone numbers, emailing them or sending them a private message on Facebook is fine.
  • If they don't have phones and/or they're not available by phone, it's absolutely fine to send them an email or FB message. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Using other methods is fine if you've made an effort to get their phone number but just haven't been able to do so.
  • I have a lot of older relatives that refuse to get a phone but have no problem with Facebook (I'm so confused as to why but....). If FB and snail mail are your only options I would go with FB. Just make sure that it's via private message and not a wall post.
  • Tardy responders are so rude!  By all means, contact them any way you can (including facebook).  Don't worry, there's no rude way to say "hi, you're a week late in letting me know but would you like to witness the happiest day of my life and by the way amazing food and all-you-can-drink booze is on me?".   Good luck and congrats in advance!
  • I had an issue with the grooms side guest list. they would not list phone numbers on many of them as they simply never called one another. Always just sort of stopped by for a chat and glass of tea when they wanted to talk. So I say contact them however you are able to, facebook or stop by for a chat!
  • Thanks everyone.
  • I have been having the same problem, I also don't have phone numbers for them.  Both my hubby to be and I have been trying to contact them, we went as far as asking an aunt to help.  We have had no luck.  We have come to the conclusion that they are just rude for not replying and we are not having a place set for them at the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards