Not Engaged Yet

AW Your Furbaby

I'm bored so I felt like an AW post. Let's all share pics of our babies! :) Cinders is 5 months old this week and two weeks ago at the vet she weighed 28 lbs...I suspect she's more like 30 now. She knows how to stay, sit, heel (sometimes), come, spin in circles, shake with one paw and then the other, and roll over. We're working on teaching her to dance and sit up. She's definitely a fan of mommy working from home today. I might reward her at the end of the day with a trip to the dog park. In this pic she's wearing her brand new collar. We finally had to upgrade from a small to medium.

Re: AW Your Furbaby

• AWWW little cinder linders! I want to snuggle her face.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    Oh my god, she's ADORABLE!!! I love puppies so much. I keep telling my partner that we HAVE to have a dog eventually.

He doesn't want one, since they're a lot of work and pretty expensive. More than that, he's decided that he always wants to own a parakeet. Why? Because I have an adorable budgie and my partner has fallen in love with birdo.

Pic 1: Loki as a baby (big black eyes, pink nostrils, blackish beak, and black stripes all over his forehead)
    Pic 2: Loki's true love = my phone. That's my old phone; he's now in love with my current one
    Pic 3: I tried to get a picture of him sleeping on the computer, but he loves the phone so much, he kept trying to get up close to it.

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira That's hilarious! I think it's so funny when animals have a love affair with inanimate objects. I imagine a bird would be expensive though...they always seem to want a lot of money for them in the petstore. One of my girlfriend's made a "contract" with her H when they got married that they were getting a dog. He's never owned one either but I think she's steadily gotten him used to the idea so you never know. ;) Your partner (or can we call him FI now? ;) ) may change his mind someday.

• @Imhollister I grew up with a parakeet, so I already had a cage/cage stand and a bunch of other stuff (toys, food dishes). His food costs maybe $30/year, I only take him to the vet when there's a problem, I can clip his wings myself, and the person I bought him from sells parakeets for $12 each :) Very, very cheap compared to a dog, especially since taking pets to the vet is expensive.

I don't mind paying so much at the vet, though. My best friend is a vet, and I know that she is NOT in it for the money (especially since vets do not make nearly as much as human doctors). 

It's really convenient to be able to go to work and know that my bird is fine for 8 hours on his own.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I'm loving all the pictures because all the animals are so cute and I want some in the apartment but FI said not until we get a backyard!! So frustrating!! Plus we aren't home enough so I like that excuse more than not having enough space (which is important but still...)

I also love reading about animal personalities! I think it's hilarious!
  • I love furbaby threads!

This is Kiki. She is our 6 year old Tabby. H says he doesn't like her, but she has been crazy in love with him for almost a year now. (Like whining every time he walks past her and rubbing on his legs). I just discovered he's been feeding her tuna...no wonder she's so in love!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is our 5 year old Aussie, Remington. We call him Remi. He's a complete scaredy-cat. Such a snuggler. He is defenitely my baby. I don't have a more recent pic on my phone, so most of you have probably already seen this one.

• I'll AW Ellie-belle later - no photos here, but I'm enjoying this thread too!
  • LOL @Swazzle.  Why is Bailey an asshole?
  • Here are Brady (the cat, who, like @Swazzle's Bailey, is an asshole) and Violet (our six-year-old Golden Retriever. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• These are my two furbabies. Quigley (the dog, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) and Buddy, the cat, who is also an asshole like @swazzle's Bailey.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @BriSox81 Violet is so cute! She reminds me a lot of our first golden retriever Brandi. They are the best dogs!

• Another of Violet, the smartest dog alive, and Brady, the fluff monster.image

*******************************************************************************************

• I loved your post BriSox. I'm so biased for goldens lol!

• I forgot to add @brisox81's favorite picture of Buddy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This is Toby. He turned 13 last year. He is a scaredy-dog and a big-time snuggler. He has cancer, but is showing chemo who is boss. Nicknames: The Tobes, Toby-man, The Man, Sweet Man.

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger I love that picture of Toby all curled up on the bed!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • BAHAHAHAHA BUDDY!!!!! 

Also, @crazycatlady3, we have determined that orange cats with names that start with "B" are all inherently evil. We have three solid examples right here. 

• @buddysmom80 -I'm dying!!! That picture is so funny! I can't get over it!
  • @Phira, I love your little parakeet! Ive always had a soft spot for birds!

@allusive007, Your kitty looks so sweet! And your aussie, so cute!

Hope these photos work...
    This is Nib, shes a little old lady. Shes only 10, but her favorite pastimes are sleeping and making sure I get no studying done.

This is Algebra (BF named her), and shes still a little kitten. She is WILD and will terrorize poor Nib and attack your feet mercilessly

image This is Banana, formerly Fanny Anne, then Annie, then Annie Bananie, and now simply The Banana. She is very independent, but when the mood strikes her she will sit on your lap and purr up a storm while she headbutts and licks your nose.
  • @PrincessTinyFeet -I love the names of your cats!
  • @southernpeach89, thank you! I work in the veterinary field, so I try very hard to stay away from the names I see too much, which can lead to some interesting ones! haha!
  • @minskat30, I love his bow tie!! He is a handsome boy, thats for sure! What a great smile!
  • AWWW @miniskat30 I love him!!! The bow tie - seriously!! One of my best friends in middle school had an Alaskan Malamute named Rajah! Seems like a very appropriate name for a giant, fluffle, cuddle bear :)

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2013

@cu97tiger - I hope Toby kicks cancer's ass.

@buddysmom80 - That is such a cute (and funny) picture!

@brisox81 - Violet is very, very smart.  We think Rajah is smart (we haven't decided yet) and is just a typical Great Pyrenees who thinks his way is better 99% of the time.  :)

@allusive007 - Remi is frigging adorable!

@swazzle - Lucy looks so cute all snuggled in her blanket.  Does she do that often?

@lmhollister - How big do they think Cinders will get to?  Adorable pup!

• Thank you, @princesstinyfeet...he's a lady's man. He used to steal my bras and run around the house with them too so I guess that makes him a boob man as well.  ;)  I LOVE Nib sleeping on your work.  Nothing like a pet to distract you and make you realize what is important.

@Brisox81 - You know how they say that the name should fit the animal?  Rajah thinks he is the King of EVERYTHING.  The ally, the dog park, the country, etc.  He's a lover to the people at the dog park with *just* the right amount of "I'm above all this dog nonesense" to the dogs.   

• @minskat30 Haha I always love the dogs like Rajah who are there for the people and could care less about the other dogs there. We don't know how big Cinders will get since she's a mix...3/4 lab and 1/4 border collie. I think it will depend on how much she ways at her next puppy appointment in a couple weeks. Right now I'm guessing her final adult weight will be around 50 lbs. I hear different things...like you can expect a dog to double it's body weight from it's weight around 5 months to what our vet set a couple appts ago...that she'd probably gain another 5 or 10 lbs...but she's already surpassed that. So who knows...I love big dogs (like Rajah! He's so handsome!) so the bigger she ends up getting the better in my opinion.

• We call my big fluffy cat Little the fluff monster also.  He's not orange, but can be kind of a brat.  I wouldn't call him an asshole though.  Like he's super nice to humans because he wants attention but gets really bratty to the other cats when they get in the way of his attention or a space he wants to be in.
  • @lmhollister - That's a good mix (lab and collie).  Cinders should be very active, entertaining and trainable all rolled into one cute package!  I actually really love Labs. 

I've had Labs and big guard dogs (German Sheps, Akitas, Dobermens, etc.) my whole life for the most part so I thought I was ready to get a Pyrenees.  I was wrong.  :)  They are really handsome dogs and sweet, especially with little kids and little dogs, but Raj is stubborn as all get out.  We went through about three personal trainers and four dog classes with him and he is still really independent-minded and won't come when called even if you are holding a live chicken (well, ok, we haven't tried that yet).  He really does think he is a King and can bark at the wind if it displeases him.  My God, they sneak into your heart though...my day-of wedding planner (who met Rajah only on the day of our wedding) ending up getting a Pyrenees after she met Raj.  Sneaky not-so-little guys worm their way in there.  ;)   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards