Chit Chat

I just realized

...that today is the Friday that FI and I very seriously considered for our date.   To have a nice fall wedding at a rustic forest service barn with the ceremony next to the Colorado river in a beautiful mountain meadow.  Where it is, at this very moment,  pouring rain and 35 degrees.

Re: I just realized

• Glad that worked out.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • @WonderRed, 35 degrees....where do you live?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @WonderRed, 35 degrees....where do you live?
    Denver.  But that venue is 2 hours away, up in Grand Lake, which is at 9,000 feet, right outside the west entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park in the middle of the moutains.   It did also drop to 34 with our first hard frost in the metro area last night too.  But now it's in the high 60's again.

• WonderRed said:
    @WonderRed, 35 degrees....where do you live?
    Denver.  But that venue is 2 hours away, up in Grand Lake, which is at 9,000 feet, right outside the west entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park in the middle of the moutains.   It did also drop to 34 with our first hard frost in the metro area last night too.  But now it's in the high 60's again.
    I grew up close to Grand Lake! Its sooo beautiful up there but it would be hard to have an outdoor fall wedding up there.  Sometimes it stays warm later into the fall, but the temp does have a tendency to drop pretty fast.  It's nice that they're getting some rain out there though.  

Are you still doing it there at a different date? or did you settle on a different venue too?

• I grew up close to Grand Lake! Its sooo beautiful up there but it would be hard to have an outdoor fall wedding up there.  Sometimes it stays warm later into the fall, but the temp does have a tendency to drop pretty fast.  It's nice that they're getting some rain out there though.  

Are you still doing it there at a different date? or did you settle on a different venue too?
    @Laylasaurus, we got engaged July 4 of this year, right after we got back from spending a week in Grand Lake, so there were only 2 open days left this season for that place.  Neither worked.  I was willing to wait until next summer so we could do it there but FI didn't want to wait until next year.  So we're doing it November 2, down here in town(ish) right by Red Rocks, at The Fort.  We still have the views and scenery but have indoor/outdoor flexibility there, which we absolutely need  since it could be 70 degrees and beautiful or 20 degrees and blizzarding.  Yay Colorado weather!
  • Awesome! Around Red Rocks is beautiful too.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards