Registry and Gift Forum

Best universal registry?

Hi all - 

I've been hearing varying opinions about which website is the best universal registry site (based on how many stores can be linked to it, technical errors, actually receiving the gifts, etc) and I wanted to know once and for all which website is best for linking registries together! 

What have your experiences been so far/in the past?

Re: Best universal registry?

• We used Amazon and were pleased.  We registered for both items available on Amazon and items from other websites using the universal registry feature.  
  • I probably would avoid a universal registry, unless it's Amazon.  People are familiar with shopping off of Amazon.  People are not as familiar with myregistry.com.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, keep in mind that many stores offer perks to registering, such as completion discounts, that you don't get if you use a universal registry instead of making a registry at the store.  Your guests also will not be able to go into a b and m store and ask them to pull up your registry if you did not make a registry at the store.  If you want a lot of items from any particular store, I would recommend doing a registry at the store, and then you can use a universal registry for stores that don't have registries or where you only want 1 or 2 items.  
  • Good points. Thanks!
  • I've had some friends who were really happy with Amazon as their online registry but I also recommend doing at least 1 store registry if you have older guests who may not be too internet savvy. I've witnessed quite a few folks like that who were very confused by how the universal sites works. Universal registries can also make returns a little tricky if you get duplicates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards