Honeymoon Discussions

Is it even possible?

Hello!  I am trying to plan our honeymoon.  Going to have to find a travel agent as I am completely clueless I guess.  But here is my question.

Is it possible to go somewhere tropical and all inclusive (not Jamaica) at the end of May beginning of June for less than 2,000?

So far as I can see our only option is Mexico but my fiance has expressed that he does not want to go to Mexico.  Im not sure why but he said he'd rather not go.  Would we be better off looking for non inclusive resorts or will that just end up being more?

Re: Is it even possible?

• If you are really concerned about expenses, an AI is good because you have more control over what you spend. Once you make that final payment, you probably won't have many charges beyond that. I'm not sure what resorts you are looking at and for how long, but the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Mexico will be the best bets for what you are looking for. The Cancun/Riviera Maya area of Mexico is gorgeous- not sure why your FI is hesitant about it. I do recommend speaking with a TA to learn more about those areas and what you can afford in each.

• We decided that we're just going to wait on a honeymoon.  Better safe than sorry!  We decided to go to Ocean City, NC, or a BandB for a few days then save up so we know we have the money for it.  Stinks but I am okay with it!
  • Good for you! Many people make the mistake of overextending themselves and it's not a good way to start the marriage.

• Great idea...going into debt over a wedding is ridiculous enough, DO NOT go into debt over a honeymoon!  Maybe by your first anniversary you'll have saved enough to go to your first choice of location!  All-inclusives are great for managing expenses, especially if you book in advance (the further in advance you book, the better the deals usually) and during the low-season.

I am going to a wedding in St. Lucia in December (Sandals).  The time between Thanksgiving week and Christmas week is low-season generally.  The Bride initially wanted to get married in March, but for the same resort a 5 night package would have been over $500/couple more expensive in March than it is in December.  So December it is!

• Maybe, but you probably won't get a whole week.  Check things like Last Minute Travel, Gate 1, CheapCarribbean.com & apple vacations.

• We also postponed our honeymoon for approx 8 months til after the wedding so we can save the funds & go somewhere absolutely beautiful and tropical thats not during hurricane season.

Its fun and gives us something else to plan after the wedding :) We are traveling in May 2014 & found an awesome travel agent thats working with us on our budget! Just some quick advice if you are looking to go outta the country months after the wedding & are changing your last name - please start the passport update as soon as you can - we are currently so behind on that!

Anniversary

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards