Not Engaged Yet

How was your weekend?

The parents came to town and surprisingly we had fun! FI and I went to see the duck, his buddies met us there and we watched the game after.

How was your weekend? 

Re: How was your weekend?

• Thats a huge duck!! Where is that? And what game did you watch?

My weekend was alright, mostly work and studying. BF is going to get us a couples massage tonight, though, so thats gonna be awesome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That is a SPECTACULAR duck omggg.

We booked our venue today :D Saphire Estate in Sharon MA!

Now we're just relaxing and I'm half-asleep.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @princesstinyfeet, originally the duck is from Hong Kong. Lucky Duck is currently on a "world tour" and the tour's first stop is Pittsburgh. Since the pirates are going to the playoffs, the Lucky Duck is moving from that location (a park) to behind the PNC park so it (not sure if its a female or male) can watch the games (obviously it is making sure no one cheats). We watched the steelers vs vikings game taking place in London (it started at 1 PM today) @ our place. FI also bought a toy replica of the duck to give to my nephew (although I am not sure he's going to want to part with it as of now, we'll see what happens tomorrow when my nephew comes over). And super jealous about the couples massage!

@Phira, SO exciting! When is the big day? 
  • That duck is awesome, I love it!

@phira - SQUEE!! That's so exciting!! What's you date?

My weekend was good. I met BF's grandpa and that was fun. Now I'm procrastinating on fine-tuning my lesson plan for tomorrow and watching SYTTD on Netflix.

• @bethsmiles Say yes to the dress is my guilty pleasure (and my FI loves it too, but won't say it openly). A few weeks back I came home to him and his friends watching SYTTD on our DVR. They asked different questions about the phrases (ie sweetheart neckline), and it was really adorable to watch. Usually I see them yelling at the tv while football is on, so its kind of nice to see that change every once in a while! 
  • @bride2b71614 - That's awesome that they were all watching it. I think I forced BF to watch SYTTD once but I don't think I could get him to watch it again.

I usually don't like about 90% of the dresses they show. They are just too much, too modern, too sexy. Why do all brides want to look super sexy?

• November 16th next year. It feels so weird to have this big step done!

I loooooove SYTTD! I also don't like most of the dresses on the show; I find it amusing when brides try on a bunch of dresses, and they pick one that I don't think looked good on them at all.

I'd love to go on the show, or to go on "I Found the Gown" which is local, but wanting a navy blue dress means ... not so much luck with the wedding shows.
    Anniversary
  • I thought it was you who mentioned wanting a blue wedding dress! You must AW when you go dress shopping. I've seen some REALLY pretty blue dresses on SMP (one of my guilty pleasures).

• Omg, the one dress (I don't want to use the designer's name cough cough tournei), that has the see through lace bodice (has a panel that you can put into it to make it more modest) and the over abundance of unnecessary bling?? I hope you know which one I am talking about... IT GETS SOLD EVERY SINGLE TIME! EVERY TIME! That dress needs to go...it just needs to go. I used to live by Kleinfelds in NYC. Every year they have a trunk show. People camp out in tents just to get there first. My mom was a kleinfeilds bride (pre pinina tournei), and there is no way in heck that I'll follow in her footsteps (even though the show is crazy and the experience appears to be "pretty", I would hate to walk in there now and feel like I have to buy THAT gown). 
  • OMG yes! I know exactly what dress you are talking about! I want to burn it. Honestly, I think the girls that go there with lower budgets get prettier dresses 99% of the time.

• @Phira, ditto with @bethsmiles please aw the shit out of your dress shopping experience! Do you think you could find a dress at vows and dye it blue afterwards? It would be a bit risky (never know what color it could turn out, unless you use a swatch of the fabric) but might be easier in the long run in terms of time...Just a thought :)
  • @bethsmiles, I couldn't agree with you more. I kind of want to run into that shop and put it in the end of the year blow out sale and keep it there...and maybe watch people fight over it (although the sale isn't held black friday walmart style, so the whole fighting thing is prevented...). I don't understand that dress' appeal but whatever floats the bride's boat. 
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    I think I'm not hip enough or whatever to get the appeal of a lot of the dresses they show. I love the classic look.

ETA: I also don't understand when these girls are spending like $5000 dollars but one or two hundred dollars over that isn't do-able. I know it's judgey but I don't care lol.

• I agree. FI laughs at the dresses at times. We even place bets on which one the bride is going to pick. Winner gets a foot rub. Its a great game.
  • No, I totally agree @bethsmiles. Like, you're here for a $8-9k dress ... and you can't go over by a couple hundred? I understand when brides come in with a $1.5-2k budget and have trouble going over, but once you're higher than that ...

Did you guys see the episode with the woman doing her vow renewal and she wanted that Pnina that was so new it was still in the vault? Like, you've had a tough life, you should wear what you want ... but that's the dress you want?

I will DEFINITELY AW the crap out of dress shopping. It'll just take a while since I do want to get in a little better shape first.
    Anniversary
  • I haven't seen that one but I can't remember seeing any Pnina dress that look worth the price these women pay for them.

Have any of you watched the SYTTD: Bridesmaids? It's horrifying the way those women act!

• @bride3b71614, the duck is pretty awesome!
    @phira, yay for getting your venue locked in!
    @bethsmiles, just squee. :) I'm excited for when you AW the pony your BF got you!

SYTTD...ahhh, what can I say? I like looking at the pretty dresses. The storyline bores me since it's the same every. single. time. Ladies, you've all seen the show - don't you know that your family and friends are going to ravage your decisions and self-confidence until you pick the dress you want??? It's an exercise in patience to watch this show.

Let's seeeeee, this weekend. On Friday BF and I went to get STEAK! :D And that was awesome and tasty and SO good to see him - it had been like a week and I was missing him. We talked some about how restricted our time is due to school and his grandfather, but mostly we just had fun being together. I think we have some good ways to free up our time, so that's good.

Saturday I had breakfast with my best friend and she "officially" asked me to be her bridesmaid. She almost did the ring pop thing from Pinterest but then didn't, thank goodness. So we had a good time. My little brother and I went to the Renaissance Festival and had a blast! Then BF was able to come up again, so I made him some dinner (shepherd's pie, yummmm), and we started catching up on last season of The Big Bang Theory.

Yesterday I worked a 12, and it was a great day! We had a potluck at work and er. mahgerd. My co-workers can cook. I love them.

I didn't get much studying done this weekend, however, so this exam coming up in a couple hours may be a bit of a trial. We shall see...but I don't regret it one bit after the hell that was last week!
  • Wow so many exciting things happened this weekend for everyone!! 

This weekend was nice because I didn't have anything scheduled so I just got a lot of things done around the apartment. I deep cleaned it, decorated for Fall, bought a cute Fall wreath, and did tons of laundry. I also baked bread for the first time!! It turned out great!! It's nothing special, it's just plain bread but I'm so proud of myself because I usually don't like to make things that I know could turn into a disaster lol.
  • I had a pretty lazy Saturday (did some house cleaning, slept in, cooked a fantastic lunch and dinner, hulled some purple peas, watched The Voice).  Sunday was a bit busier...  and I am sad it's already Monday.  :(
  • I didn't do a whole lot this weekend. Friday I worked from home and BF and I did yard work that evening. We raked the back yard only and ended up filling 5 lawn bags!

Saturday morning we helped our friends move out of their apartment. I moved boxes and furniture and BF spent most of his time reorganizing their rental truck because the way they had initially started to pack it wasn't efficient at all and they weren't going to have room for everything. Afterwards they took us out for tasty BBQ as a thank you. That evening we had a couple of friends over. We played kubb, smoked chicken, roasted marshmallows, played Cards Against Humanity, and overall drank waayyyyyy too much beer.

Sunday we woke up and did dishes from the night before we were too tired (see drunk) to do them before bed. BF went and picked up some fence posts from a Freecycle ad and then we went together to buy dog food, yard and home repair stuff from Home Depot and groceries.

That evening BF borrowed our friend's chainsaw to cut up a tree trunk in the backyard and I commenced my re-seeding the lawn project. PS...if any of you ever think about doing this...buy a roto-tiller...or hire someone professionally or buy sod...anything but what I did. We got this pick ax type thing and I chopped up a 20x15 section of the lawn with the pick ax. Then I took this super heavy duty metal rake and broke up all the dirt clods to make a smooth surface of fresh loose dirt. By the time I did all of that it was 8 and I had been at it for 2 hours. Tonight I'm going to take the fertilizer and grass seed we bought and go in and plant that stuff with our hand spreader cause we were too cheap to buy one of the wheeled-cart dealies. I am super tired today! On the plus side...by the time I'm done reseeding the lawn I should have a totally toned back and arms just in time for @southernpeach89 's wedding!

• @lmhollister - H and I usually till the garden that way (with rakes, pick axes, and other lawn tools) just for the exercise...  it reminds him of a real-life Crossfit work-out!  but I think this year, I've talked him into the roto-tiller.  IMHO, it does a better job and gets everything all tilled up more evenly and deeper.  but, OH HOW IT HURTS when you're done!

• @CocoBellaF I am so glad someone else understands my suffering! ;) I won't lie...it was an excellent workout but OMG....so hard! We have several sections of our lawn that are dead because of too much shade and I think the former owners just gave up on trying to take care of it so I still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully the grass seed I bought is shade tolerant enough that all my work won't be in vain.

• Woohoo we booked our chapel and our reception venue!  March 29, 2014, here we come!

AND I tried on dresses... and have learned 2 things.  1) I hate all the skinny people that actually easily fit into the try-on dresses, and 2) I need to get my butt in gear with working out!

Now if I could only get my little ticker guy to show up... hm.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lmhollister - we have the same problem with dead shady sections!  I can see a very faint re-seeding happening there, so I'm going to let it be during the winter and then attack with with a vengeance in the spring.  I just want lush grass from fence to fence!  the dead areas are along the side of the house (on the N side) and then along the side of the fence (on the S side).  if I just can't get grass to grow, I'll probably resort to shade-loving bushes or something.  I can't stand the look of dead, wet grass/mud.  
  • @phira, I'm glad you went with that one - I think it's going to be great! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Taught BF how to carve a pumpkin this weekend! Did a lot of hiking, s'mores and saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 which definitely exceeded expectations. Warning: BF and I are both nerds. We made our pumpkin the Jedi Alliance symbol. (Sorry if picture is huge. Hope it resizes?)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My weekend was nice. BF and I did a ton of work on our Etsy business - preparing to "open" tomorrow! We also cleaned the whole apartment really well, since my mom was coming over Saturday evening. I need people to come visit just to give me the motivation to really scrub my apartment this well! Mom and I went the Westchester Mall and she bought me a really cute shirt from Ann Taylor Loft, and then we grabbed dinner at a cafe nearby. I had BF stay home since I wanted some alone time with my mom, and it was awesome - I rarely get time with her where my sisters or boyfriend aren't around!

In other news, my little sister (she turns 20 next weekend) finally broke up with her stupid boyfriend after she found out he's been active on dating websites after she ASKED him to close any dating website accounts he had. They got into a huge fight about it and she called me crying and telling me she ended it - she was upset, but sounded sure about her decision. THEN I wake up the very next morning seeing that she was "In A Relationship" with him again on Facebook. My mom confirmed they were back together, but I still haven't spoken to her about it. What do you do when someone you loves bitches about an ex-boyfriend, you agree with them and tell them everything you didn't like about the guy, and then they get back together??!! Ugh. She's just delaying the inevitable, in my opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @bride2b71614, I love too how they always end up lining that dress instead of letting it be see through AFTER THEY BUY IT SEE THROUGH!

• @KateJ16, yay for setting a date! That is awesome! :)

@Kait, love the pumpkin. :) That is an awesome picture of you and your BF!
  • Thanks @Amapola14! How are you doing?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards