November 2013 Weddings

advice needed asap

My wedding is in 52 days. I have just learned my wedding planner will not assist with any decor like centerpieces etc unless I let her style the wedding as well. Her styling fee is 1950. As my wedding planner she is charging 2200. I know everything should be clear early on but I think as my wedding planner helping me with decor should be part of the job.  my wedding is 80 people being held at one place.  I have not gotten much savings from using her in the last 3 months I owe her half her fee of 2200.  I am not sure what to do bc I will feel stupid to have her there as my wedding planner but me and my family are running around putting up decor type things on wedding day.  I'm thinking I need to discontinue the relationship and hire a day of coordinator who is willing to assist. I have found my own vendors etc. She has been advice and vendors she chose off her list were more expensive compared to others so I didn't choose them. The  wedding  is so close I'm stressed  because I thought I could depend on her to assist with decor set up but I see it not the case. 

Re: advice needed asap

• Do you have any friends that can assist with the decor? What exactly will she be doing on the day of?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just coordinating us handling timeline,vendors,making sure we are on time with first dance etc. She will place the pace cards and guestbook. My centerpiences,any decor , candy buffet she will not touch unless its her styling the wedding.
    I do have friends that are ready to help. 
  • Sounds like she'll have the day of stuff handled. So I wouldn't part ways with her and throw money away. If you already know what your decor will be, I would just have the friends that are ready to help do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes I was thinking that way to or even find a someone to help with the centerpieces on that day and decor Im sure they are gonna be cheaper than 2k!
  • I didn't want to stress family out I preferred for them to not have to work on my wedding day.
  • I'm sure they won't want you stressed or spending unnecessary money...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards