Not Engaged Yet

Monday Accountability

B:  casserole (egg, chorizo, sweet potato, mushroom, onion, spinach topped with sliced heirloom tomatoes); coffee
L:  Moroccan Sweet Potato and Meatball Soup; nectarine
S:  fruit (grapes or apple) with some almonds
D:  NNP's Asian Meatballs in butterball lettuce wraps, broccoli and bacon vinaigrette salad; orange

E:  deck of cards workout; walk to the library and back (1.5 mi round trip)

Re: Monday Accountability

• B- Coffee and oatmeal
    L- Leftover vegetable soup with a slice of bread
    D- Having dinner with parents tonight since my aunt and uncle are in town.

E- Insanity before bed
  • B: Whole wheat bagel with scallion cream cheese (sigh)
    S: Apple
    L: Salad with turkey, veggies, balsamic vinegar
    D: Something involving chicken and steamed veggies

E: Run/walk for 30 minutes, possibly 30 minutes of yoga also

W: 7 

• Alright - I'm back on the wagon. Here goes:

B: Coffee with sugar and White Chocolate Peppermint Bark creamer (YUM). 
    L: Probably whole wheat toast with avocado and hard-boiled egg
    D: Homemade chicken noodle soup (making it for the first time!) and crackers
    S: 94% fat free popcorn sprinkled with white cheddar seasoning

I'll try to calculate the calories later and post them here. Any chicken-noodle suggestions - please let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Hummingbird125:

we make HM Ckn Noodle Soup like so:

if you're using a rotisserie chicken (already cooked), just shred it.  if not:

1.  Boil bone-in chicken (for the best flavor) in water, ckn broth, or a mix of both for approx 15 min or until done.  Take the ckn out and let cool so you can shred/chop it.  Reserve the broth!

2.  Chop your veggies (we use onion, carrot, celery) and cook them in EVOO over medium with garlic and spices (we use thyme and parsley, salt and pepper) until softened.

3.  Add the broth back in (you'll want a total of about 8 cups liquid) and shredded/chopped chicken.  Let simmer on low/med-low for a while.  I usually add sprigs of fresh thyme and chopped parsley at this point.  Taste for seasonings.

4.  Add the noodles in (or white rice! if you use brown, you'll want to add another cup or so of liquid) and simmer until done.

CHOW DOWN.
  • P.S.  sometimes I'll add in a couple medium chopped tomatoes to the soup as well.  just depends on what I have on hand.
  • B-corn flakes with 2% milk, cocoa almonds mixed with vanilla greek yogurt, lo-carb monster

L-Some sort of lean cuisine

D-Leftover oven-baked chicken fried steak, roasted garlic smashed potatoes and broccoli.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @CocoBellaF - thanks!

A question - I'm making homemade egg noodles using this recipe, but I can't figure out if I should cook the noodles before adding them to the broth, or if I should just toss them into the broth to cook in there. Also, this recipe doesn't mention letting the noodles dry out at all - should I let them dry? I don't want them to wind up mushy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards