Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Looking for venue that allows outside catering and alcohol

Hey everyone,

I've been looking around for venues that allow you to bring in your own catering and your own alcohol. I have seen the prices listed for some of these catering companies and what they want to charge per keg, and it's outrageous! I know that our wedding is going to go through plenty of beer, so the more I can save on that the better. So basically, I'm wondering if there is a venue that has an outdoor ceremony area, a reception area that can hold up to 250 people and allows outside catering and alcohol. Thanks a lot!

Matt

Re: Looking for venue that allows outside catering and alcohol

• My husband and I had our wedding at 514 Studios in the warehouse district of MPLS, about 3 blocks from the target field and downtown mpls. It was truly magical, we hired our own bartenders that had a licensed liability to go with them to serve alcohol, we provided the alcohol, and we also had a food truck for the food, because we're that couple :) You can see the photos here, We decorated everything ourselves as well as the uplighting and draping we did it all ourselves. Great space and I don't regret ONE thing from that day, everything was perfect for us!

Let me know if you have any questions!

• Can I ask for tips on how you did the uplighting and draping yourselves? I can't access the pics but would love to see.
  • Hi, I have the same ideas that you described....did you land on anything? Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards