Moms and Maids

Maids have not bought dresses yet

So I know this is pretty much out of my control, but we are getting married in 3 months. I have 6 bridesmaids, and not one has bought their dress yet. Is it appropriate to send out a reminder email? I want all the girls to wear champagne with some sort of black. I am wondering if this color choice is posing an issue for them. I am considering changing to purple to maybe make things easier, but it's kind of late for that too. I guess I am more venting than anything. Thanks!

Re: Maids have not bought dresses yet

• So you are letting your girls pick their own dresses from a store of their choosing?  They still have 3 months.  That is more then enough time for them to find something.

I would ask them if the color choice seems to be difficult to find because it doesn't really sound like something that is widely available, especially with the inclusion of black as well.  Maybe consider telling them to purchase any black dress that they would like (heck some may even already have one or two in their closet).  Then you could purchase them all champagne colored wraps to use during the ceremony and to keep warm since your wedding is in the the winter.

I know that you are concerned that no one has their dress yet, but 3 months to you, as a bride, seems like no time at all, but to everyone else it is still a ways off.

• If you're letting them pick their own dress, I think 3 months is still plenty of time. What you may consider doing is sending the reminder email with several suggestions if they're having a hard time finding something. For example:

"Hey you all - 

Thanks again for agreeing to be in the wedding! It's getting close and I'm so excited to have you all standing up there with me. I know it's still 3 months away, but I'm realizing the champagne with black may be difficult to find. If you've already found something, awesome! If you're having a hard time, I found a few suggestions that might work and save you some time if you haven't been able to go shopping: 

(include links to the dresses) 

If you don't like any of those, feel free to pick something else. Let me know if you need help or a shopping buddy. :) See you all soon! 

Love, krystinp"
    *********************************************************************************

• I agree with PP's. If they aren't exactly required to wear the same dress, then they wont have to worry about ordering, shipping, and all that jazz. Heck, I'm sure they can find them somewhere local. Like @southernbelle0915 said: You may send them a reminder email, and just touch base. If you know of some places, great. If not, they will find one I am sure, or come to you for suggestions. I would not worry too much at this point as you have three months to go until your wedding. Meanwhile, just relax and allow for some time to get other necessities taken care of for your big day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards