Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Candy Bar.. Color vs. Our favs

carly324carly324 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2013 in Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
We are doing a candy bar towards the end of our reception.  It is simply "just us" as we could probably eat candy for breakfast, lunch, & dinner.  However, I want it to look pretty.  We have started buying different shaped jars (Wine glass shaped, round shaped, tall jars, etc...). Our venue will be setting it up but I am providing everything.  Our colors are black and purple.  We are having a formal look to our room and I would like the candy bar/table to be pretty.  

My question is..... Do you think I should stick with candy that is wrapped in purples, blacks, silvers? OR just have our favorite candy?  I want it to look pretty BUT i want to include each member of the bridal party- their favorite candy.  Thoughts??  Thanks in advance!

Re: Candy Bar.. Color vs. Our favs

• Have your favorite candy. Candy bars that focus around color themes are pretty, but I think the quality of non-color coded candy is much better! (Besides, black and purple candies aren't usually that appetizing). 

You can still decorate using your color theme with banners, signage/labels, etc. 
  • Absolutely your favorites.

It's so easy to add color with the suggestions above, or with ribbon/bows on the containers.

You could even paint the outside of the containers in your colors.

• Taste > color. Always.
    *********************************************************************************

• itzMS said:

Absolutely your favorites.

It's so easy to add color with the suggestions above, or with ribbon/bows on the containers.

You could even paint the outside of the containers in your colors.

She beat me to it.  This is also my suggestion!  Go with your fvorites and then tie in your colors with the non-edibles on the table.
  • Definitely go with your favorites - I don't care what color wrapper something comes in, I care about whether it tastes good or not.
  • Definitely opt for crowd pleasing favorites.  I don't care what color wrapper it has or if it matches your colors.....all I will know is if you had crappy candy or good candy.  :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards