March 2014 Weddings

David's Bridal????

Anybody just NOT loving David's Bridal like I am right now? I am so disappointed with their lack of service, the attitude of their salespeople, and their lackadaisical way of doing business. Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: David's Bridal????

• I've heard this a LOT. I think it all depends on the individual store and person. The manager at the David's here in Omaha has been wonderful to work with. We were able to return a non-returnable flower girl dress last night and she could not have been nicer about it. But I've heard a lot of bad reviews about the same location so maybe we got very lucky.
  • The David's Bridal that my girls and I went to for the bridesmaids dresses was more than accommodating.  Yes, we waited a little bit for our scheduled appointment (that happens EVERYWHERE!) and the salesperson seemed a little overwhelmed, but the store manager was awesome and helped us every step of the way...especially when it came to me picking up my girls dresses.  After I picked up the final dress, it became surreal to me.  It's sooo close, yet months away.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • If I were you go to a different shop/ salon. David's is notorious for bad service.
  • If I were you go to a different shop/ salon. David's is notorious for bad service.
    Just because they're notorious for bad service, doesn't mean she needs to scrap going there all together.  I would just ask for another appointment, when they first open.  I asked for a first thing appointment and had the best response from the sales girl.  It must depend on the store too....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • I didn't even try Davids Bridal.  I did give Alfred Angelo a try and they were HORRIBLE.  I ended up doing a road trip and bought my dress from Curvy Girls Bridal.
  • I went to David's and got my dress. The first time I went I got a girl who was leaving at the end of the week and totally sucked. Then I went to another David's with my bridal party for their dresses and had a great time. So I went to the closest one to my house ( although they are now closed) they were so awesome. All I kept telling my girl was the dresses weren't full enough in the skirt so my sales lady pulled something I would have never picked. It really depends on the store!
  • I'm new on this board.. been lurking for a while.

I went into David's to look at some of the Vera Wang White dresses, and the first thing they talked to me about when I walked into the store was applying for a credit card.  That really rubbed me the wrong way.  I didn't love any of the dresses, and still get obnoxious calls/emails/etc from them and the other businesses they sold my information to.
  • rakkaya87rakkaya87 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    I have never even BEEN to a david's bridal in my life and somehow am getting joint cold-calls from both DB and Men's Wearhouse..... VERY annoying.  ALSO, I am getting calls from random joe shmoe vendors who claim they got my information from DB.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• vt&dt said:
    I'm new on this board.. been lurking for a while.

I went into David's to look at some of the Vera Wang White dresses, and the first thing they talked to me about when I walked into the store was applying for a credit card.  That really rubbed me the wrong way.  I didn't love any of the dresses, and still get obnoxious calls/emails/etc from them and the other businesses they sold my information to.
    Interesting, I haven't gotten any calls from them.  I guess because I didn't buy my gown there.....
    rakkaya87 said:
    I have never even BEEN to a david's bridal in my life and somehow am getting joint cold-calls from both DB and Men's Wearhouse..... VERY annoying.  ALSO, I am getting calls from random joe shmoe vendors who claim they got my information from DB.
    If you've never been to David's Bridal, your information could have been gotten from TK.  They say that they don't share information, but they do.  I've been getting random calls from vendors and they say that they got my information from a wedding expo - to which I've never been to one since my planning is basically complete and I know my venue wouldn't sell my information.  I asked them again how they got my info and they said The Knot.  You may want to check your information and see if you checked off the little box that said you'd like to receive information from their vendors....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply

• vt&dt said:
    I'm new on this board.. been lurking for a while.

Interesting, I haven't gotten any calls from them.  I guess because I didn't buy my gown there.....
    rakkaya87 said:
    If you've never been to David's Bridal, your information could have been gotten from TK.  They say that they don't share information, but they do.  I've been getting random calls from vendors and they say that they got my information from a wedding expo - to which I've never been to one since my planning is basically complete and I know my venue wouldn't sell my information.  I asked them again how they got my info and they said The Knot.  You may want to check your information and see if you checked off the little box that said you'd like to receive information from their vendors....

VERYY LIKELY!! I get calls and emails constantly from bridal shows I never went to, too.  Checking now!! Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yikes.  I didn't buy my gown there either, just tried on 2.  Have been getting TONS of mail from Roger's Jewelers, Men's Warehouse, and a couple other random places.  If TK sells information that would also explain why random wedding planners have just sent me brochures in the mail too.  
    I wonder if that will keep coming after the wedding?  Haha.
  • If you've been to or signed up for any bridal expos, they are notorious for sharing your information.  I've gotten a ton of calls and mailings from expo related vendors and affiliates.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just dealt with DB for a bridesmaid dress for a wedding I was in.  The salesgirl measured me entirely incorrectly for the dress, and then when I went to pick it up after work one night, they wouldn't let me try it on because they had already cleaned the rooms for the night.  At my alteration appointment, the dress didn't even come close to fitting.

I called the store immediately and asked if they could help.  At first, they weren't willing to, but when I pointed out that we could've solved all of this if I'd gotten to try on my dress before I left and that I'd call corporate if I needed to, they were instantly helpful.

They're definitely a mixed bag.
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My very first time trying on dresses was at David's Bridal. I brought in a bunch of pictures I found on their website of dresses I loved and wanted to try on. I had to wait a while for a consultant to come help me because they were busy, even though I made an appointment. Then it turned out that she was also helping another girl at the same time. When I showed her the pictures of what I liked and explained my concerns/wishes in a dress, she told me that almost all of the dresses I printed out have been discontinued. I was bummed but asked her if she could show me anything similar. She said she understood what I was looking for and started bringing me dresses that were completely different. Not sure what she understood, but I didn't like anything she was showing me. Then she would disappear for 10 minutes at a time to go help the other girl. She also looked like she could care less about her job, making me not feel the excitement either. I ended up leaving the story disappointed. I went to another store where I had the complete opposite experience and ended up getting my dress there. I understand that each store is different and everyone's experience may vary at David's Bridal, but I didn't enjoy my experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I spent a wonderful 3 hours with a sales person for my bridesmaids. We did find something everyone loved and we had fun. I went back to the same one to try to find my gown, only to discover my favorite sales rep was gone. My gown shopping experience sucked with a capital S. So it does make a difference who you work with and when you go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards