Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registry party at stores?

We were invited by theknot.com via email to a 'pre-wedding' registry party at Bloomingdales.  The email offers hor d'oueves, cake tasting, wedding registry tips, and even a gift bag... all seemingly with no strings attached.  Obviously, they want us to open a registry there, but it is far too pricey for our taste. On the other hand, we figure the tips and gift bag would be nice!  Has anyone been to an event like this?  Is it worth attending?

Re: Registry party at stores?

• Options

H & I did one at Macy's it was a lot of fun (at least for me!), but H loved using the scan gun.  They had food & drinks and different staff available to help with cookware and linens, etc.  And our free gift was a reusable shopping bag, a wedding song CD, and a small Calpholon spatula that had little hearts cut out of it.  And it turns out to be the spatula we use the most when cooking!  It's just a perfect size!

If you have any stuff at Bloomingdales you have been wanting to get.  Register for it, you don't need to tell people that you registered at Bloomingdales, just wait until after the wedding and purchase the item you've wanted with the completetion discount.

If you are interested in registering at Macy's, then look into when they have the registering events there.

• Options
    I went to one of these at a Pottery Barn with a friend who was also recently engaged at the time. We went just to check it out and see if they had any good tips on anything - plus, they were doing free wedding day make-up consultations with MUAs from the local MAC place. Neither of us registered there, but we got to try some tasty food samples, my friend spoke with a local florist, and we got our make-up done. Overall it was kind of fun, but not really essential if you're not planning on registering at that store.
  • Options
    Thank you for your answers!  I think we will check it out, even if we decide not to register there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards