Wedding Reception Forum

Venue Price Comparison Excel Doc

Hi Brides/Wedding Coordinators:

I am trying to find the LEAST expensive venue (located anywhere between Rancho Palos Verdes and Malibu) that includes a ceremony overlooking the ocean (preferably indoors) and the reception on the same premises.  I started to make an excel spreadsheet comparing venues that I've spoken with, but I was wondering if any of you brides or wedding coordinators out there have already done the leg work and created one that you could please share with me?  Thank you so much in advance. Basically I am looking for something that must have...

1) An indoor room with windows overlooking the ocean for the ceremony, which can fit at least 100 people if inclement/windy weather

2) outdoor garden overlooking the ocean for the ceremony, which can fit at least 100 people if perfect weather conditions

3) available a Saturday evening in October 2014 or on 11/1/14

4) Indoor Reception Area

If it fulfills these requirements above,

I am wondering how much the average wedding would cost for 100 guests and a price for 200 guests  (just to get an idea of the range costs dependable on our guest count)?  [Maybe some of you brides know other good resources for the following:]

I want a Saturday evening ceremony and reception, from 5pm-1am, which would include:

·            ocean view ceremony (pref. indoors)

·            outdoor cocktail hour with harpist playing, open bar, tray passed hors’ d’oeuvres and champagne

·            tray passed champagne upon entering reception, sit down dinner options of filet mignon, fish or vegetarian option (with alternative dietary requirements available upon request), and full bar during dinner and thereafter, and wine table service during the reception

·            wedding cake and grooms cake

·            band with emcee playing until 10pm and DJ (who is a good emcee) playing from 10-1am

·            at least 2 photographers (male and female) and 1 videographer

·            reception room has “an enchanted forest” look with ample flowers, special lighting, etc.

Please send any excel spreadsheets you've used to compare costs to spirijewel at g (most common domain)

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

Re: Venue Price Comparison Excel Doc

• Umm. What?
  • itzMS said:
    Umm. What?
    I think she was just asking if anyone else had venue spreadsheets. I think a lot of the rest is superfluous.
    Anniversary
  • I would create two pages in Excel. One for your criteria and one for prices. For criteria, use the columns for your venue names and the rows for your criteria. Put an "X" if it meets the criteria. Any that meet your criteria, move them to price page. Do the same thing and create totals for everything. Should be really easy. 

I would not over think this or make it too complicated.
    *********************************************************************************

• I would create two pages in Excel. One for your criteria and one for prices. For criteria, use the columns for your venue names and the rows for your criteria. Put an "X" if it meets the criteria. Any that meet your criteria, move them to price page. Do the same thing and create totals for everything. Should be really easy. 

I would not over think this or make it too complicated.
    Or you could do it in one and use the columns for criteria (like the one I posted had a "includes cake" column because I found some venues that do). Then you can add a filter on the ones that don't meet your criteria.

But I just love spreadsheets.
    Anniversary
  • Thank you, yes, I am looking for an excel spreadsheet, but one that is already filled out (preferably) with venues that include some of the things that I am looking for.  That's why I posted the rest of the things I am looking for.
  • This is an international board, so we can't help you with specific venues. You have to do your own research. I made my own spreadsheet. The one from ashleyep is much more detailed than any I've ever seen.
  • ashleyepashleyep member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    This is an international board, so we can't help you with specific venues. You have to do your own research. I made my own spreadsheet. The one from ashleyep is much more detailed than any I've ever seen.
    I kept adding columns as I went because different venues offered different packages. And I was trying to decide between a Friday and Saturday. And at the time I wasn't as well versed in how rude cash bars are :P

I'm sorry that we didn't do all of your research for you OP. /sarcasm
    Anniversary
  • @suzanne58la - with so many specific things that you want it may be best to contact a local wedding planner in your area.

If you want ideas from others in your area you may want to check out your local board.  But don't expect detailed spreadsheets with vendor information already provided.  Prices are subject to change in regards to what you want.  Sorry but unless you hire a wedding coordinator you will have to do your own research.

• @suzanne58la La Venta Inn in PV meets those requirements, but it isn't cheap.  Less expensive than Terranea.  They charge less during off season, but I don't think October is off season.  When we were looking there, for 150 guests it was close to 30k.  It's expensive, but the view is unbelievable.  I think the cheapest way to do what you want would be to get married on the beach and have your reception elsewhere.  What you are looking for is incredibly expensive in Los Angeles.  I'd consider looking at a Friday or Sunday if you need a fabulous venue.  Otherwise, lower you expectations or prepared to spend at least 50k-60k on the whole wedding.  Getting married in LA is veryyy expensive. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will ask around for spreadsheets! I live in Santa Monica! If you can compromise ocean view malibu rocky oak vineyard is so beautiful - just attended a wedding there 2 weeks ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards