Texas-Austin

Lost our Venue & Looking for Something New

Hey all -

I'm feeling very overwhelmed at the moment.  My fiance and I had found the perfect, amazing venue - Heritage Oaks Clubhouse - http://activerain.com/blogsview/2747706/heritage-oaks-georgetown-texas.

It was $1,500 for 12 hours, had space for an outdoor ceremony & indoor reception, located in a beautiful location...everything we had been searching for.

Unfortunately I received a phone call from the coordinator letting me know that the Board of Directors had decided to close down the venue for weddings, and that no weddings would occur after January 2014.

I feel like I've looked at everything Austin and the surrounding cities has to offer, and I really haven't found anything that has the same feel for even a fraction of that price.

Sooo...if anyone has any ideas for other venues, please let me know!

Specifications:
Saturday, September 20, 2014
75-80 guests
outdoor ceremony/indoor (AC) reception
located in or around Austin, TX
under $2,500 (possibly $3,000) for 8 hours.

Re: Lost our Venue & Looking for Something New

• Try the Caswell House (www.caswellhouse.org).  I think it comes in under your budget.  We had our wedding there in 2006 and want to book it again for an anniversary party.  It's a beautiful historic home in downtown Austin.

They allow you to bring in your own food or use one of their preferred vendors.  Also we saved alot by bringing in our own booze and hiring their caretaker to tend bar (he's TABC-certified).  He was quite helpful in our planning process.
  • Hey!

It might be a little bit over your budget, but maybe check out the Flying T Ranch in Bertram! Their little outdoor ceremony spot is very very cute, pretty Pecan trees and a little fountain with a bridge. They have indoor and outdoor reception options. It's a little country, but depending on how you decorate it could fit whatever theme you have I think!

Same as the Caswell House, you can bring in your own vendors but they ask that you hire their own certified bar tender for insurance purposes.

Good luck! Hope you find a place you love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards