Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Can't decide between 2 garters - help!

Hi all,

My FI and I are not going to be doing the garter or bouquet tosses, but I still want to wear a garter for him to take off "later"... I've found a few companies on etsy that make some nice ones. There are 2 I love in particular, and it's a hard deciding which I like better.

I know lots of brides wear 2 on the same leg: one for tossing and the other for a keepsake. If we're not doing the toss, would it be weird to have 2 on, especially if they're not matching? One is his favorite sports team (NY Rangers) and the other is his profession (Firefighter). We are also having an engine grooms cake and our cake cutter is a mini fire ax that's been personalized - would the firefighter garter be too much or would it be a good "tie-in" to everything else? Or, since we already have some job-related stuff, would the Rangers garter be better?

How did all of you decide on (or decide on not) having a garter? Thanks, ladies :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can't decide between 2 garters - help!

• Options
    I think wearing two would be fine. Your attire is one of the few things wear you get to be all "It's MY day" about. It doesn't affect anyone else so you do what's best for you.
  • Options
    I think the firefighter thing would be too much.  As for the sports team, maybe.  But since it is just for him to take off later, I think just something that's little and lacy would be best because it would be sexiest. 
  • Options
    I agree with Teddy917; since you're not doing a garter toss, the garters beneath your dress are for YOU and your FI (husband ;-) at that point).  If you want both, then wear both!  I think it would be a nice surprise for him, plus they could make for great photos during the 'getting ready' phase!  
  • Options
    melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2013
    The ones I decided on is because we are doing the garter toss. I didn't want a plain white one for it so we got a black and white garter both the toss and mine. It was also only $5 at the hobby lobby so that helped

ETA: If you like them both and can't decide I say go for it :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    When I got married the first time I sewed my two garters together to make one. ( He was a MS State fan. I am an Auburn fan. Each garter was representative of our respective teams.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards