New York-Long Island
Options

Stonebridge golf links and country club

Hey there!

My FI and I are looking at the Stonebridge Golf Links and Country Club in Smithtown for a March/April 2015 wedding. Just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about it, been to an event there etc.,. Also, I know the main ballroom is currently being renovated and is expected to be finished in Fall 2014. That being said, should we come to love the place (although underconstruction) and the price is right - should we go with Stonebridge? I am nervous about signing without seeing the completely finished room. Thoughts, anyone?

Re: Stonebridge golf links and country club

• Options
    Did you like it? Book it?
  • Options
    I ended up not booking with them for a few reasons...

- At the time they did not start their major renovations. So basically, you'd be paying for something without seeing the finished product - which I was not at all comfortable with.
    - Lessings only recently bought this place and were asking too high of a price (in my mind) considering the renovations were not completed and they had not managed this location long enough. Expect prices to be anywhere from 130 to 150 pp before tax for peak seasons. Off peak went down to about 120 pp. 
    - A google search showed there were some issues with the residents of this facility in regards to Lessings buying the country club - specifically, parking. The parking lot is way too small to accommodate guests and residents as it is right now. They also need a few more zoning permits (the country club wants to be able to let the newlyweds spend the night there, but currently do not have a permit for this).

I'm sure this place will look beautiful after renovations. It was stunning when I went to view it before renovations. I just could not pay for something without seeing the finished product. Too many things up in the air! Good luck on your search and please share your experience - I'm curious to see what it's like now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards