Registry and Gift Forum

sheets or no sheets

My FI and I have an apartment together. We have registered for wedding gifts. Should I put a set of sheets on the registry? We have 2 now.

Re: sheets or no sheets

• I would.  H and I only have 2 sets of sheets right now and I am wishing we had at least another set if not two other sets.

• I would suggest putting some on. When we registered our helper suggested 3 sets. One for the bed, one for the wash and another for in the closet. We'll probably have another set or two from his house but I really want some new ones for us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI and I are fine with two sets.  Are they in the colour(s) you want, though?  I have one green set that doesn't really "go" with the rest of the bedding/room.
  • Sheets definitely something you want a few sets of. They get worn, stained, etc. And it's not like the sheets will go bad while they are sitting in the closet. 

Can't hurt to throw a nice set on there!
  •  You can never have enough sheets! It's nice to have back-up sets too! Whether it's for your own bed, or a spare room. Even if you don't have a spare room bed, it's always nice to have extras to throw on the couch for an unexpected, (or expected), guest. We have 2 spare rooms, and beds, so sheets were a must for us! Even if we didn't though, I would have registered for a couple of sets. :)

*J
  • Another thought -- Do you live someplace where it gets cold?  I love having flannel sheets in the winter...regular sheets always feel cold to me during the winter months. 

As for the rest of the year, once I tried higher thread count sheets, I couldn't imagine going back.  Since they can run a bit more $$$ but aren't crazy-priced, I think they are a great gift (not talking crazy high price, just something that is a bit more special)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sheet sets are something I always seem to ask for for Christmas because it never hurts to have another.  As clg said, I also have flannel vs. regular...and a satin set too!  Change it up! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards