Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Question about baked potatoes...

I am having a chili bar in combination with a potato bar and chicken & dumplings. No body will go hungry but I am expecting 50-60 people, should I have 50-60 potatoes on hand? I hate the idea of wasting food but I don't want to have anyone left out of getting a potato if that's what they want. Thanks.
Lilypie - (pZmO)

Daisypath - (m6Pg)

Re: Question about baked potatoes...

• I would.  I'm sure that amount of potatoes won't be too much.  If you end up with a lot of leftovers, could you arrange to donate all of the baked potatoes to a local shelter?  If a caterer prepares it all following health codes, the donation could probably be made no problem.

And your food sounds delicious!

• Yes if you are serving baked potatoes then you should definitely have at least one for every person.
  • Yes, there should be (at least) one for every person. I love Olive's suggestion of donating the unused food to a shelter.
  • Thank you! FI and Myself couldn't agree on anything until this last week we finally landed on that. I will do some research on a shelter too. 
    Lilypie - (pZmO)

Daisypath - (m6Pg)
  • I would do 75. My husband would definitely want two potatoes (so would lots of guys I know)
    If the shelter won't take the extras, or it's a smaller amount of leftovers...freeze them. You can use them for casseroles or for pan-fried breakfast potatoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards