Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Finishing Powders v. Setting Sprays?

Hi there, I am doing my own makeup for my summer wedding and am starting to look at what extra products I might need to purchase for the big day. Some tutorials that I've looked at say to use finish powders, some say setting sprays, and some say both. Are both necessary? Thanks!

Re: Finishing Powders v. Setting Sprays?

• For my August wedding, I used a mattifying foundation primer, foundation and concealer, Urban Decay De-Slick mattifying powder (I was really worried about shine!) and Urban Decay All Nighter finishing spray. I also used eyeshafdow primer.

I chose the spray because it has really high reviews. I also liked how it set my makeup. It makes your face wet and when it dries, the makeup lays better, if that makes sense. It just looks much more natural. 

Between the primers and the spray, my makeup looked as good at midnight as it did when I put it on at noon. I don't think you need both powder and spray, especially if you use primer and high-quality makeup. 
  • I recommend the Urban Decay primer spray (can't remember the name of it but it reduces redness and decreases sizes of pores a lot!).  For a setting spray, I have really liked the Fix + from MAC, but I am not sure what kind of skin you have. It's not really for oily skin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards