Florida-Central Florida
Options

Priest for an outdoor wedding?

So I'm a little ahead of the game here, but I need some help for my 2015 wedding.

I was raised Catholic while my fiancé is Christian. After going to Catholic school for 12 years and church every Sunday for 18 years, I did not feel that I gelled well with the Catholic church so I am now non practicing. My fiancé is also not very religious. The only problem is that my entire family is hardcore Catholic and my father has requested that a priest perform our wedding. I have had my heart set on an outdoor wedding and the beach has a lot more "spiritual" meaning to me than a church or chapel does.

Has anyone dealt with this type of situation or have any thoughts? I am not concerned about the marriage being recognized by the church but would like to keep my family happy.

Thanks!

Re: Priest for an outdoor wedding?

• Options
    Check out Rent A Priest
    My brother got married last year, and had a similar problem with his FI, now wife's, family. My dad found the Rent A Priest through a Google search. The Priest did an amazing job, and everyone was happy with their ceremony.
  • Options
    Thank you so so much! You have no idea how much of a relief that site is.
  • Options
    Believe me, I understand! I think it was Father Chuck that did my brother's wedding, and he really was great with everyone. Good luck, I hope everything works out well for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards