May 2014 Weddings
Options

Planning Pick-me-up: Least Stressful Part So Far!

Hi Ladies! Since a lot of our discussions tend to be about dilemmas and things that are stressing us out (especially since we're all about mid-way through the planning process!) I thought it would be nice to share our LEAST stressful decisions so far :) For me, the least stressful part has been deciding to have a very, very small wedding. I expected to have a lot more pushback than we did (just a tiny bit by one family member, which lasted all of a couple of hours), and when I realized how well-received it was by everyone, it was the best feeling!

Re: Planning Pick-me-up: Least Stressful Part So Far!

• Options

What a good idea! :) I would say the least stressful part so far... aside from deciding yes or no ;) would probably be that we both wanted a spring wedding. I love the flower selection that time of year! And hopefully the temperature will be just perfect. 

Cause living here in Green Bay, WI... most of the rest of year is full of snow! Literally September-April has the possibility of snow :(

• Options
    Ooh, @kellibastien I forgot about that part! I'm near Toronto, Ontario, so I feel your pain with the weather :( We were originally going to go with August and then I realized that it's an AWFUL month for flowers and we bumped it up to May for that exact reason :)

• Options
    The easiest part for me was picking our reception venue. We didn't even look at any other places because we knew exactly where we wanted it and they've been great to work with so far.
  • Options
    The easiest part for me was picking our reception venue. We didn't even look at any other places because we knew exactly where we wanted it and they've been great to work with so far.
    Us too!  My cousin got married at our venue 7 years ago.  The place is just as good now as it was then.  My FI and I liked it...our moms were on board so we booked it.  I had done my homework on it before hand but still.  I was thankful we didn't have to go thru my whole list of venues.  We knew we weren't going to get what we're getting at the price we're getting it for any where else.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our easiest decision was May. It's the one month I know I will not have work every year, and the rest of the year I wouldn't keep my job if I planned a two-week vacation.

That said,It's also the beginning of high season for travel, so naturally the prices for everything are a little higher. Oh well.
  • Options

Only looked at 1 venue and I knew it was what i wanted, so that was probably least stressful decision for me.  

• Options
    Great post!!! So far like others, the least stressful was venue.  We also only looked at one spot, we were there for 20 minutes, and then signed the papers and put a deposit down.  So in one fell swoop, our food, ceremony site, reception room, booze, table linens, and chairs for the ceremony were done and taken care of.  I also think our flowers were really stress free.  My FMIL and I found a guy we really like, and he made everything so easy and simple and fun.  All in all for the most part everything has been fairly stress free.  Dress shopping was a bit daunting, but that is about it.
    Anniversary
  • Options

The least stressful honestly, was my dress shopping. I found a picture of the dress online and called a local bridal shop and they had it so I went in and tried that dress on as well as six others and was still convinced that it was the one! I can't wait to wear it!

• Options
    The least stressful part of the planning has been picking our venue and our honeymoon. We loved our venue and knew they do a great job. We had discussed the honeymoon during our cruise in June and decided we loved the experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @pumpkinsandturkeys I love this idea!

I have to agree with a few of you who've said the venue. I didn't think it would be as easy as it was, but when I saw it, I knew it was the one. I took FI to see it and he loved it. The date was easy too. The venue is off of county road 517 and I knew I wanted to get married in May. The 17th was a Saturday and my mom said "5/17 on 517." The rest was history.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards