DC

DC/VA wedding venue help!

Hi! Newly engaged here & trying to find my perfect venue. 

We are going to have ~100 people, and looking to have a Saturday night ceremony (~6-630??) that leads straight into a cocktail hour and then reception.  Ideally all in the same venue.  Aiming for late Oct/early Nov 2014, with date TBD based on venue availability.

Priorities are dance floor, good food, open bar.  Also, convenient for people, so that is why we are sticking to close to metro lines, but as long as it is a short cab ride away, that is fine too.

Budget is trickier.  My parents won't give me a budget - they are the type that have to see it, like it, and then will pay.  That said, I'm gonna guess 15k for venue/food/dj/photographer is going to be getting to max.  My fiance and I can pitch money in too though, for a place we love.  So lets just say venue/food in the 10-15k range.  Obviously cheaper is ALWAYS better.

I saw & fell in love with Sequioa...clearly out of my budget, but just mentioning to give an idea of my style - clean & modern.  When it comes down to it though, we'll do gaudy ugly carpets if the price & feel is right!

THANKS!

Re: DC/VA wedding venue help!

• So if you're still looking- have you looked at any of the hotels in Alexandria- particularly in the King Street area? There are several different options there and at least 3 within walking distance of the metro. And there's the free trolley if you're looking at a place further down like the Hotel Monaco.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards