Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Back Acne - HELP!

I am getting married in three months and I am wearing a strapless dress. I have been fighting back acne since the spring. I have used the Neutrogena body wash and recently switched to the body wash/scrub. Neither have worked, my back still has break outs. I cannot afford to go to a dermatologist and I am running out of time. Any advice?

Best Answers

Re: Back Acne - HELP!

• Options
    I have the same problem :( I'm going to try switching shampoo/conditioner and see if that helps at all, I don't know what else to do! 
  • Options
    I use to use a face mask on my back.
  • Options
    These are great suggesstions that I will look into. Thank you guys for your help!
  • Options
    I had terrible backne in high school and tried everything.  Tanning works best.  I know it's bad for you, but if you need a quick fix, it'll work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try baking soda as a scrub, it really helps clear up skin and it also doesn't dry out or bother your skin- a lot of people find their acne won't go away because they try to treat it with products that dry out their skin, which causes your body to overcompensate with more oil causing more acne.
  • Options
    Try baking soda as a scrub, it really helps clear up skin and it also doesn't dry out or bother your skin- a lot of people find their acne won't go away because they try to treat it with products that dry out their skin, which causes your body to overcompensate with more oil causing more acne.
    Like HaileyDancingbear said, be careful with treatments that will dry out the skin as this can make the acne worse.  The best acne treatment advice I ever received was to drink A LOT of water.  After a couple weeks of drinking min. 1 gallon a day (preferably more), you should notice some significant skin clearing.  Also, find a good quality moisturizer and use it... facial moisturizers work best since they are designed to avoid breakouts.

• Options

Like HaileyDancingbear said, be careful with treatments that will dry out the skin as this can make the acne worse.  The best acne treatment advice I ever received was to drink A LOT of water.  After a couple weeks of drinking min. 1 gallon a day (preferably more), you should notice some significant skin clearing.  Also, find a good quality moisturizer and use it... facial moisturizers work best since they are designed to avoid breakouts.

Good God, that's a lot of water...  I'd be careful to not drink more than that per day - you risk flushing too many nutrients, and even death.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options

I honestly have a hard time drinking water regularly, but drinking at least 1/2 gallon a day really helps clear my skin.  I was actually told to drink more than that if possible.  On a regular basis, I only get through maybe 40 oz. at most, but even that helps.

• Options
    Tanning, and this might sound gross but use rubbing alcohol as astringent on a cotton ball. Not every day, it's pretty much a strong astringent that dries out and maybe does more harm long term but it works.
  • Options
    depending on the severity, proactive (if you can use it) has a body wash available now.
  • Options
    Acnomel helped when I had body break outs (on my back and sometimes chest, this happens during winter especially). It's made with sulfur and I use it on my face when I have breakouts, it works wonders, but it dries the skin a lot ; make sure you moisturize your skin. Wear cotton shirts as pajamas, nothing synthetic. 
  • Options
    A friend of mine was panicking about her bacne before her wedding, too. She ended up getting a hair/makeup person who also did airbrushing. She was able to airbrush her back, and you can't tell that she has any bacne! I know the ideal plan is for it to be gone for your wedding, but airbrush is a great back up if that doesn't work. Best of luck!
  • Options
    I have bacne too :(      There's a spa that offers a "back facial" that I'm getting next Saturday.  I'm hoping this helps clean up things for my strapless dress too for March 1st wedding.  I was in a wedding a while ago and I asked the makeup person to airbrush my back and that helped a bit too.  Just heads up on the makeup on inside of your dress if you do get airbrushed. 
  • Options
    I have read numerous times that you should use body wash after you wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.  Many of the recommendations above seem like a good idea.  I understand that tanning isn't exactly good for you, but it's not too bad in moderation.  I know that it has worked for me in the past.  Drinking water as an alternative to other drinks usually has positive results as well.  Good Luck and try not to get too stressed over it. I'm sure you will be beautiful on your big day!
  • Options
    When I was younger I had this problem. Always shower before going to bed or anytime after sweating, change your pajama top/tee nightly, and in the shower use one of those scrubber brushes with the long handle and alternate an exfoliating face wash( with salicycle acid) along with a benzoyl peroxide based face wash like clean and clear (purple container 5 bucks at target). I did that for years and it worked well. The other thing is to make sure you let the face wash/exfoliating scrub stay on as minute or two before rinsing. That way it sinks in. Gluck!
  • Options
    Avoid body washes with fragrances and try to use one specifically for breakouts.  Also, use it after you wash and condition your hair, because your conditioner could be clogging your pores.  Finally, tea tree oil can work wonders to spot treat pimples.  You can find it almost anywhere, most health stores have it but I have found it at walmart for around $6 a bottle.  It is a small bottle, but you only need a tiny amount of the oil to treat a blemish. I use it on my face blemishes as well, but it can be a little drying so use sparingly if you use it on your face.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards