Massachusetts

$6000 budget for 100 HELP!!

So, I am trying to plan a wedding with a $6000 budget for 100 guests. Our date is in December so an outside reception is out. Any suggestions for budgeting, defraying food costs, or cheap venues in Mass would help immensely! The guest count is for sure so I can't lower that, both me and my broom (my groom is a bride too :) ) have large families! Any help would be great since I am getting very discouraged! Thanks!!

Theme:

Sunday afternoon wedding brunch, vintage, European, intimate, LGBT friendly

Re: $6000 budget for 100 HELP!!

• I would say contact  It's Your Day Weddings and Events. They have a special going right now that if you book them before the end of the month, their full service wedding planning is only $500, and that even includes day of service. They would find all you need for your wedding, and make sure to stay within your budget. I am using them for my wedding, and they are beyond helpful, professional and are very considerate of budget! I could not have made a better choice! Their email address is itsyourdayeventsma at gmail.com
  • First of all, you don't really need a wedding planner...especially with trying to keep your budget in line as step one.  Save that $500-$1000 and put it towards something else.  Find a venue that includes a planner/coordinator...money saved right away.  

Looking at it for what it is, your budget is $60 per person. From that, you're going to have to deduct tax and service charge/gratuity.  That leaves you with roughly $47-$49 depending on where the venue fall in terms of service charge/gratuity (usually between 18-20%).

Now, start making a few calls - you've already qualified for discounted rates as you're planning a Sunday wedding in December!  That's great for discounts.  Not sure where you're looking in MA but I've seen some central MA venues with really reasonable pricing.  I will say I attended a same sex wedding in Sturbridge last year - it was wonderful and, according to the brides, very reasonable....and that was for a fall wedding! Good luck!
  • Yes, you'll definitely get some leverage with a Sunday wedding in December, Rookwood Inn in Lenoxville is an awesome Victorian house style venue and the owner is also the JP.  Last I new you could BYO, so money saved. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards