New York-Long Island

Chateau Briand Catering

I was supposed to be married on May 26th, 2012 at Chateau. Due to unforeseen circumstances with the grooms father getting very ill, we had to cancel this event. I had called the hall the day after what would have been my wedding (May 27th) and was told by a banquet manager that in fact they were able to re book my room that I had guaranteed and that it was a big wedding. I was informed previously that had they re booked the room (and weren't left with an empty room on a Saturday night in May) that I would get a portion of my progress payments back. However I received a letter in the mail just days later stating that they could not refund any of my money because they booked the room at half of what I would have given them. Seems unlikely that I was charged so much, and the couple that took that date got it for half of what I did.... 

Anyway - I understand that keeping my deposit would be policy. As they held the room for me, and that money was to guarantee that. But to keep thousands upon thousands of dollars - that was meant to be put towards food and service, which I never received sounds extremely unreasonable to me. Especially since they did not have an empty room.. and still made money on a wedding! I have had lawyers call - in which they will not speak to. I was told to speak directly to the CFO, Joe D'Rico, who wont return any voice mails or certified letters I send to him. Seems like very bad business practice from such a well known company.

I had recently called to see if we could use that money towards a future wedding or event being that things are much better now. Of course I was told no. So now we will look into another company to hold our wedding. People with no compassion - the wedding couldn't physically take place that date. It was out of our hands.  

If anyone knows of the couple who got married that night at Chateau I would love to know how much was really invested into their wedding, because I am certain I am being lied to... and just be careful with them if you are booking, read everything before you sign it - and just know what kind of people you are getting involved with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards