Registry and Gift Forum

Hostess Gifts?

My mom is throwing me a bridal shower (my MOH is running it, but my mom is footing the bill) and my MOH is throwing me a bachelorette party. I need some ideas for hostess gifts. What is a good price range to hit when purchasing them? I am a bit of an overthinker, so I am probably stressing too much over this. I just don't want them to feel like I went cheap or anything (I also have a tendency to be over-extravagent with gifts). Any ideas?

Re: Hostess Gifts?

• Ok, that makes sense. I could afford about $100 for my mom and $100 for the MOH. I like the shopping as if it's their birthday idea. I am running out of wedding related gift ideas!
  • They weren't necessacirly "themed" ideas I was having. More like getting each girl a cute clutch that went with her personality and dress and fill it with things like lip gloss, mints, etc. And pashima scarves that they could wear at the reception or whatever if they get cold. I think now I'll probably still do the purse thing, but also include a gift card to their favorite store, or tickets to a show at the theatre or something.
  • I like a nice umbrella for a shower hostess gift, you always need one but don't really like buying one for yourself. Maybe a nice Coach one. And it has the shower theme.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Don't think about it relating to the wedding or the shower.  What would you get them for another event?  For example, I bought my MOH concert tickets as a thank you.  

The budget depends on your personal finances, but $100 seems high to me.
  • Oooh, I actually really like that umbrella idea. There is a Coach outlet near me, I may have to go check it out! The concert tickets is a great idea for my mom. She already has a favorite umbrella.
  • I have been a MOB and MOG.  Obviously, you know your mom best.  I personally did not want my kids spending their money on "thank you" gifts for me, particularly during a time when they had so many other expenses to consider.  A thoughtful card with a heartfelt message was more than I needed and it was very much appreciated.

We did make plans for a spa day, to be enjoyed AFTER the wedding.  It was a great way to relax and regroup, and was genuinely relaxing because we no longer had to focus on any planning or wedding details.
  • I got my MOH a beach towel and blanket with her favorite football team on it (she's a huge football junkie and I swear she's really a man at times) and my mom who also hosted my shower a gift card for movie tickets and one for her favorite Italian place, "dinner & a movie" for her and my stepdad.
  • Thanks for all the ideas, guys!  I am happy I asked! I think I will do dinner and a movie or a spa day for my mom, and take my MOH to the Cineopolis for a wedding free girl day. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards