Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

How many cookies?

I was originally on the fence about having a cookie table at our wedding, but then my best friend sent FI a New York Times article about the Italian cookie table tradition, focusing on Pittsburgh.  After reading it, he comes running to where I am and says "I so want a cookie table".  So now I'm starting the idea process as I'm going home over the long weekend for my great grandma's 95th birthday.  I want to ask my family to bake some of my favorite cookies that they make, but I have no idea how many I'm going to need.  The guest list is currently at 128, but I'm hoping to have it cut down to around 100 by the time the save the dates go out in a couple months.  How many cookies should I have for that many people?  And FI loves the idea of putting out chinese take out boxes for people to take some home at the end of the night too!

Re: How many cookies?

• Options
    Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say around 6-8/person.  I think we were right around that number, and we also did take-home bags for our guests.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since we are also doing a candy buffet, we are aiming for 5-6 cookies per person, and doing take-out containers for the end of the night as well.  For us, that comes out to slightly over 100 dozen- eeek!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had 5/person, but did not soley use them as my favors. I think 5 is good number, but if you're using them as your favors with the take-out containers, 6-8 may be more appropriate.
  • Options
    NJSLNJSL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing them as our favors, FI just loved the idea of cookies in chinese takeout containers.  thank you all very much!  Time to start asking family to help bake about 80 dozen cookies...wow, that sounds like a lot more when you say it out loud!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We probably had about 10 per person and it was way too many.  You might convince a family to take home two boxes full, but not many people are going to take more than that, even if the family represents 4 guests, for example.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards