May 2014 Weddings
Options

Kissing During Dinner

I was just curious if any of you are planning to do anything different/creative (instead of normal clinking of glasses) for people to do for you to kiss during dinner? Or are you not going to do anything, and not kiss during dinner?
We've got a few ideas, but haven't officially decided.
I know it's kind of a silly topic, but to get my mind off some stress surrounding the wedding, I've been reading up on what some people have done :)

Re: Kissing During Dinner

• Options
    Unless I stumble upon something on pinterest, I'll be doing the glass clinking thing.  But it isn't anything I'm going to be seeking out to find what others are doing.  Honestly something like that isn't anything I have given any thought to.  Maybe down the road that will change, but right now I'm focused on getting the big stuff done and out of the way.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I know it's a tradition, but part of me really dislikes the idea of kissing for people on command, especially because they're doing something that I find really annoying, like clinking glasses haha (Pavlov, anyone?). I know that it's likely to happen at my wedding and I'll blush and smile and kiss, just like every other bride, but I definitely won't be encouraging it.

• Options
    Ok, sorry. Was just curious. We are basically done with all our big things, now just trying to figure out the small things.
  • Options

Something cute  saw on Four Weddings once was having you guests sing a song that had he word love in it for the bride & groom to kiss/ instead of clinking the glasses (which I agree is very annoying).  Another alternative I came across on Pinterest was to have guests come up o the bride & groom (at their sweetheart table or something) and they had to kiss ad then the bride and groom had o reenact the kiss, so if the guy guest kisses the girl & dips her then that's how the bride &  groom have to kiss....thought that was kinda cute, different & fun.

Much like @pumpkinsandturkeys I'm not a big fan of it, but know that it is likely to happen.  But I'm gonna try to not stress about it.

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've seen the kiss reenactment one, too, which was actually funny and cute. As a guest, I didn't mind watching that, and the bride and groom seemed to enjoy everyone getting creative (they weren't allowed to do the same type of kiss twice). I've also seen games incorporated -- at my BIL's wedding, you had to go up in pairs and one person tossed a Hershey's kiss into the other person's mouth. If you got it in, the bride and groom would kiss. The groomsmen got a little competitive with it, which was hilarious haha

• Options
    @artteacher23 I saw that episode too!

@kellibastien, I think they had a "kissing menu" that was either part of the actual menu or an extra thing they had on each table that told guests what they wanted them to do in lieu of clinking the glasses. Just another idea for you.
  • Options
    We thought it would be a cute idea... as we are having our reception at a Golf Club... to have one of those mini-putters set up for people to try and make the putt. If they really want to go through the trouble of getting up during dinner, and they make the putt, we'll kiss. My guess is... not too many people are going to want to get up while eating. So I'm guessing not too many people will be interrupting OUR dinner, lol.
  • Options
    @kellibastien I LOVE that idea! I've never heard of anyone doing that before and it really fits in with the venue.  I hope you decide to do it!
  • Options
    @kellibastien That's an awesome idea!!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    While I (personally) don't want to do the kissing thing, I'm kinda loving @kellibastien 's suggestion of a game like mini putt! Fun and cute! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards