Hawaii

Anyone us Maile Wedding & Events? Any issues?

A couple friends are headed to Kauai for their wedding this week.  The problem is their wedding planner hasn't paid any of the vendors and isn't answering calls.  She seems to be an established planner, so we can't understand what could be going on?  Anyone have any experience with Maile Wedding & Events?

Re: Anyone us Maile Wedding & Events? Any issues?

• I haven't personally worked with them (I did interview them) but I've heard hit or miss things... hope they figure it out :-/
  • we looked into their services but got turned off when we found out that some properties they "claimed" to be the exclusive coordinator was not true
  • Stay away - we hired Maile Weddings and werer working with the "CEO" Stephanie - she's a fraud who took our money, didn't pay our vendors, didn't do ANY planning, and still refuses to pay us back.  See yelp reviews - she's been doing the same to other couples and running a racket in Hawaii.

• I worked with Kaye from Maile weddings the summer of 2012.  She followed through on all aspects of my wedding.  In hindsight, I felt that I probably could have done it without her (since we had a VERY hands-on vendor working with us at Plantation Gardens as well) but without the team at Plantation Gardens we would have really required extra help.  That said, Kaye did help us a lot in the months leading up to the wedding, and did all setup the day of.  I didn't ever feel scammed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards