Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Wedding Day Timeline

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone have their timeline for the day of ready? I just booked our officiant and he was inquiring about what time to start the ceremony. Our wedding is on a Sunday and we have to be out of the reception area at 830pm.. the latest would be 9, but I want to do 830pm to be safe. Ceremony and reception is at the same location so we don't have to worry about people having to drive to a different place. Does anyone have any suggestions on what time we should start the ceremony? I'm thinking the ceremony will be 30-45 max. Thanks!

Re: Wedding Day Timeline

• Are you having dinner?  Ppl usually leave early from Sunday receptions so make sure you tell every1 it goes til 8:30.

A regular reception is like 4 hours plus a cocktail hour so maybe start cocktail at 3:30 with your ceremony at 3.
  • We are having dinner. I didn't even think that if its a Sunday wedding that usually people leave earlier. That's also something to keep in mind to put on the invites as well. Thank you so much for your help!

• I would give at least an hour between the end of your ceremony and the start of your cocktail hour or reception. And an hour and a half in between if you aren't doing a first look. You don't want people having to rush to get to the reception, and you also need to make sure you have time in between for formal family portraits and photos with the groom and wedding party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_wedding-day-timeline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:dec6f16f-caa5-4849-b44a-c2f408d86f70Post:de946149-2538-4762-8825-ee46e8131579">Re: Wedding Day Timeline</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would give at least an hour between the end of your ceremony and the start of your cocktail hour or reception. And an hour and a half in between if you aren't doing a first look. You don't want people having to rush to get to the reception, and you also need to make sure you have time in between for formal family portraits and photos with the groom and wedding party.
    Posted by Caitlynmk[/QUOTE]
    But with ceremony and reception at the same place she can't kill an hour and make ppl wait it will have to start right away? So she will probably have to do a first look or just serve more cocktails!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards