May 2014 Weddings

First Dance Song??

On another board they were talking about songs they planned on using to dance with their dads and it got me thinking...

Has anyone picked the song yet for their first dance???
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: First Dance Song??

• My fiance and I don't have a "song" so we have yet to pick one. I have NO clue what song to pick.
  • I was thinking about our first dace song being "1,2,3,4" by the Plain White Ts cuz it was the first song FI played for me off his mp3 player and said when he first heard it all he could think about was me....that made me cry!! So every time we hear it on the radio or something we always say its our song.  But I don't quite know how we would dance to it since it only really has a guitar and voices singing lol.....guess I gotta find us a place for dance lessons now!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well FI and will be having our first dance to Pocketful of Sunshine.  Its a joke with us.  We sing it in the shower, or whenever we want to make the other person laugh.  And yes, this all started after I was watching Easy A and he was catching bits of it. (he didn't actually sit down and watch it with me).  So that will be our first dance song, unless we come up with something a bit more....calm I guess. Lol.  Cause we haven't actually tried to dance to the song, and I don't think anyone at our wedding will get it.  As for dad/daughter dance, I was looking at the song Walk With You by Edwin McCain.  So sweet, and so good.  Otherwise, the other option would be Van Morrison, Have I Told You Lately.  Although, my dad is thinking we should do a Beach Boys song cause he and I will sing them together, one sings backup, the other main.  So I don't know, I have a lot of research to do :)
    Anniversary
  • FI and I really don't have a song.  At first I wanted to dance to "Two is Better than One" by Boys Like Girls & TSwift.  Then one day on the way to work I was listening to the new Alicia Keys new album and got serious goosebumps when I heard "That's When I Knew".  So I think we're going with that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are dancing to You & I by Avant and Kee Kee Wyatt. We both love that song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Right now, FI and I are going between two different songs. We both really like "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele, and "All of Me" by John Legend. As far as father/daughter dance, our case is a little special. He's actually my step-dad... and I grew up without my birth father in the picture, so I thought "Hero" by Mariah Carey seemed fitting :)
  • @kellibastien I love that you're using Hero! I'm in the same boat as you so I totally get that feeling of appreciating that they've chosen to be your dad, as opposed to just being your dad by way of blood relation. I think that's a really nice way to pay tribute to that relationship :)

• @kellibastien Umm, are you my long lost twin? I have been thinking of using both of those songs too!

Another that I have been loving is love me like the world is ending by ben lee...but I don't think that'd be a good first dance song.
    Anniversary
  • Right now, FI and I are going between two different songs. We both really like "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele, and "All of Me" by John Legend. As far as father/daughter dance, our case is a little special. He's actually my step-dad... and I grew up without my birth father in the picture, so I thought "Hero" by Mariah Carey seemed fitting :)
    He was on Bethenny last week.  My mom called to tell me to listen to that song.  I love it!  Just told FI to listen to it.  Hopefully he likes it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bellaluna290 Haha! Maybe I am! :)

@FutureMrsN3312 I love his voice! And that song is so beautiful! And to be honest how I found it? (don't judge me) One night (late night) I had on Extra! or one of those kind of shows. They showed parts of his wedding that weekend, and said he serenaded his new wife at the wedding with it. So I was intrigued. Listened to it right away and just loved it!

• I think we are going with Sara Evans "I Could Not Ask For More"

I haven't even thought about the father/daughter dance.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Wherever Love Goes by Randy Houser
    Father/Daugher Butterfly Kisses
    I will also be dancing with my stepdad to Rockabye by Shawn Mullins
  • So after thinking about it, I have come to a different idea. 

Walking down the isle: Thousand Years by The Piano Guys.  I love the Christina Perri version, I just hate that it was used in twilight and I feel like if I played her version everyone would think I'm a twilight person which is not something I am or ever will be.

End of ceremony for hubby (eek!! my hubby!! :D) and I to walk back up the isle: Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield.

Reception entrance: All You Need is Love by The Beatles

So now we still need to figure out a first dance song.  but that is my plan so far and I'm pretty proud of it so far :)

Anniversary
  • @Kristen625 I'm using All You Need is Love for the end of our ceremony! The 3 piece group we are having for ceremony & cocktail music plays it so beautifully I can't wait to hear it in person in that moment of walking down with my hubby (hehehe!).  They also play Viva La Vida and Bittersweet Symphony, both of which are FI's favorites so they will be played at some point during the night (either as preludes to ceremony or during cocktails).

And I love that version of Thousand Years by the Piano Guys!! It's on my Pinterest wedding board lol!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Love the song choices girl. My dad and I are still trying to decide what to dance to. I have no clue to walk down the isle too, either!! For our first dance we doing Miguel 'All I Want Is You'. 

@Kristen625 I was thinking the same thing about walking down the isle to that song. I love it, but I feel like everyone will immediately go to Twilight.  I love your first song idea too!! That is like my favorite part of that movie!! :-)  

• @tnt082013 don't even worry about the Thousand Years song.  I thought about my guests, and basically all of them are not twilight people, so they won't even know.  And the version by the piano guys (which if you haven't heard you need to look it up on youtube) is just amazing and sounds beautiful.  There are no words, it is just done with a cello and a piano.  And yes, we are playing pocketful of sunshine because of Easy A and how we always randomly sing it to each other as a joke. :)

Also I was talking to FI last night, and we had a bit of a tiff with our first song choice (which still has not been decided.) and he has decided that for our reception entrance we will either use Danger Zone (we are HUGE Archer fans, our first date was watching Archer together and any of you who watch it will understand the Danger Zone thing) or it will be Livin' On A Prayer.  Still gotta decide! :D

Anniversary
  • OMG @Kristen625 I absolutely LOVE the idea of walking down the aisle to that song by the Piano Guys! I listened to it last night after I saw you post it, and I actually started tearing up!
  • @kellibastien I'm glad you like it.  It really is a beautiful song and I totally understand if you want to use it for your wedding too :)  It seems to be a popular choice!
    Anniversary
  • The way you look tonight by Michael Buble
  • I think we're going with "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz for our first dance.  Also, I think it would be FUN to walk into the reception with our wedding party to "Yeah!" by Usher!  :)
  • We will be dancing to And I Love Her - Beatles!
  • klburke88klburke88 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Our first dance song will be "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. I found another version of the same song by Vitamin String Quartet, and we're going to use that for the processional :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So our latest contender for first dance song is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8-bMgDANEk No joke.  We watched the movie one night on netflix and as the song was on we actually really enjoyed it and was laughing.  I looked over at him and said "we could use this song as our first dance song" and he said "I was thinking of that, but we will have to plan something out."  So that is so far our plan :)
    Anniversary
  • My Fiance wants a country song, I think it's by either Lone Star or Rascal Flatts..BLECH! I really don't want this, I really really don't! But he hasn't asked for much, and he really loves country and this song he's picked out. I love him and am willing to give on it, but deep down I really don't want a country song..lol. I sound so immature, I know. But he has his heart set on it so I'll just cave..

• Is stuck like glue by surgarland a bad song for my future husband and i to dance our first song
  • @dlubets I'm a little jealous that you'll be dancing to a country song.  I love country, and I'm such a romantic, I would have loved to use the song Amazed by Lonestar.  But, my FI doesn't want to dance to a slow song cause he said it isn't "us".  Which, he is right, we are goofy people and aren't the slow dancing type.  But finding a song we both agree on has been a bit difficult. :)
    Anniversary
  • I think that's the one he wants. I just find it so generic and cliche and like a million other people have used it too! I wanted something unique, or not as common. Ugh....I'm such a wuss when it comes to giving him what he wants..I just do it..lol
  • @dluberts You know, I'm actually really happy he said no to those songs.  Cause as much as I love that song, it is over done.  I would talk to him if it means that much to you.  Really take the time to find a song that speaks to both of you.  Maybe find a compromise where its still a country song, but one you both like.
    Anniversary
  • @ kristen625 I wanted to have Time of your life by Green Day..my favoite part of the song is when they sing, "it's something unpredictable, but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life" The song reflects on the past, present and future and I thought for us it would represent our lives together beautifully.
  • @dluberts, you should talk to him about it.  You don't want to be miserable during your first dance.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards