Favors

Honest opinions needed please :)

Hello, so I've been doing a ton of thinking/researching for our favors! Our wedding is rustic, and I found some small ideas but I would like an opinion of something a little bigger:

I found a wholesale site of mason jar drinking glasses. Would it be weird to have those be the glasses guests use to drink for the night & also make it a favor? I just want to make sure it's enough I guess?? Is it weird? Cute? I mean I know its OUR wedding & ultimately our final say is what happens, but what would you think if you went to a wedding, and the favor ended up being a mason jar drinking glass that you drank from all night? (Also cute stickers with our name & wedding date on the lid).

INPUT WELCOME. Don't want to look trashy or anything. :) Thanks in advance!

Re: Honest opinions needed please :)

• No.  Frankly, no one wants anything with your wedding date or names on it.  Also, what good is a jar if one is not into canning preserves or making jam?  It is not a drinking glass.  Somehow this just became some silly fad along with all that "rustic chic", "country chic", etc. stuff

• doeydo said:
    No.  Frankly, no one wants anything with your wedding date or names on it.  Also, what good is a jar if one is not into canning preserves or making jam?  It is not a drinking glass.  Somehow this just became some silly fad along with all that "rustic chic", "country chic", etc. stuff
    Well, the sticker can peel off with our date/name on it. Although every wedding I have been to has had favors with names/dates. I've been to a lot. Maybe it's the area I live in VS yours...

The type we are purchasing actually ARE drinking glasses, as they are the smaller pint sized ones with a handle made to be drank out of.
    I know this stuff is a fad, my fiance and i have been together 6 years and all 6 years have been into the country stuff, hunting EVERYTHING of the sort, it isn't some trend for us lol.

the other reason i didn't mention about possibly using the mason jars, is because we are having a pink lemonade "bar" with snacks for the social hour. put a chalk board up with something about the glasses & it could be cute. it's a lot to think about, that's for sure.

I appreciate your opinions. It's so hard, we have a lot of time thankfully and are very far ahead. If we don't get these, I'm getting those mini mason jars from favorfavor.com & putting candy in them :)
  • So guests are going to use them to drink out of all night and then take them home? That is pretty gross since they will be wet. I wouldn't take a dirty, wet mason jar home. The candy idea is way better! :)

• I know it's your wedding and you're going to do whatever you want, but my honest opinion is that this is a waste of your money. I like having a matching set of glasses at home and I always end up donating misfits. For that reason, I wouldn't even take one of these home. Like you said, the wedding theme is rustic, but that's not the theme of people's kitchens or dishes so it's not something that will really work for most.

If you want to spend your money that way, whatever. But I just think you could put all that money toward something else that would add a whole lot more value.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm thankful for all your opinions! Helped a ton! So we aren't going to order those.
    I'm ordering the mini ones and going to put some candy in of our wedding colors. Better??
    Here's what it looks like:
  • Much better! Those look cute!

• I'm thankful for all your opinions! Helped a ton! So we aren't going to order those.
    I'm ordering the mini ones and going to put some candy in of our wedding colors. Better??
    Yes, better.  Definitely a favour that will be taken home and "used".
  • Cute! I did the large mouth half pints with butternut popcorn in my wedding colors. They were a hit :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

Love this idea much better!!
    Cute! I like that much better than drinking glass option! 
  • Thank you all for the honest opinions! it means so much to me & i honestly appreciate it.

Just ordered the mini ones today, so exciting to have another thing ordered! :) can't wait to see them & how cute they are. Now to decide what kinda candy to put in them! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards