Chit Chat

Blocking certain people...

Is there a way to block a particular poster.  She posts on absolutely everything and frankly I am sick of seeing her and her talk about her "first" wedding. She brings out the worst in me and I would rather just block her and not have to think about it anymore.

Re: Blocking certain people...

• You can click on the person's screen name and then, in the upper right corner, click on 'ignore'.

• I think it would have been very easy to ask how to block people without calling out who it was. This seems rather unnecessary, and makes me think its rooted in jealousy. 

• I'm beginning to wonder if she's my ex's GF/FI! Lol

• What's wrong with talking about your first wedding? I had a first wedding. Granted it was 10 years ago and I was very young, but at least some of my advice from having gone through that is helpful. What's the big deal? 
    Oh Lord, I'm on my second wedding too, so I guess I better refrain from speaking or mentioning my first one.
  • katieg520 said:
    What's wrong with talking about your first wedding? I had a first wedding. Granted it was 10 years ago and I was very young, but at least some of my advice from having gone through that is helpful. What's the big deal? 
    Oh Lord, I'm on my second wedding too, so I guess I better refrain from speaking or mentioning my first one.
    Second wedding here too, ladies. Nothing wrong with talking about your first wedding, especially if it's helpful advice. Even if you just want to talk about it because of how nice it was. So what? My first wedding was absolutely gorgeous even though it didn't work out, and I'll talk about it if I want! :)
    Anniversary

• If you read OP's responses to different post around TK, she is very judgmental about things, but never clarifies.  She seems to be a MOB or MOG, she must have a super old school mentality and doesn't live in the real world!
  • Second round of wedding planning, first marriage. You do stuff twice (or more), you learn stuff.
  • Team @jells2dot0!! she gives great advice.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mzbdamzbda member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    I agree.  @jells2dot0 gives excellent advice and I enjoy reading about her experiences. She's planned two weddings so obviously she knows a thing or two. 
  • Team @jells2dot0 right here!

If you read OP's responses to different post around TK, she is very judgmental about things, but never clarifies. Agreed!! It's like she just wants to stir up trouble! She seems to be a MOB or MOG, she must have a super old school mentality and doesn't live in the real world!

• I never mentioned anyone in particular in the original post.  You all did that for me.
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    Actually, I thought kt was posting about another annoying member who's been married before and that's posting all over the place. Thanks, kt, however, as I was reminded I could block the one that was annoying me.
  • I never mentioned anyone in particular in the original post.  You all did that for me.

I'm not even on TK that much anymore and I had an idea who you were talking about.  Anyway it doesn't matter if you named them, the point is that you could have asked how to block someone without adding any hints.  Your OP did have a bit of a drama-stirring vibe.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I could have named her.  I didnt.  THe fact that people knew who I meant, tells me something. I certainly didnt intent to stir up drama. I simply wanted info. Which I got, and which I followed up on. And that is the end of this.
  • I could have named her.  I didnt.  THe fact that people knew who I meant, tells me something. I certainly didnt intent to stir up drama. I simply wanted info. Which I got, and which I followed up on. And that is the end of this.

Because IIRC she had a big wedding the first time and eloped the second time, and shares her experiences of both weddings.  I'm getting the impression that you are offended by @Jells2dot0 getting married a second time...not sure why...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I've always enjoyed @jells2dot0 (especially when she talks about traveling to Bora Bora. I never get sick of hearing about that!)
  • edited October 2013
    Actually, I thought kt was posting about another annoying member who's been married before and that's posting all over the place. Thanks, kt, however, as I was reminded I could block the one that was annoying me.
    I thought she was posting about someone else, too. 

• Count me in for Team @Jells2dot0

OP - Seriously, she is one of the nicest, regular posters on her....not sure how it is even remotely possible that she brings out the worst in you.  Sounds like there's a bit of jealousy there.  If you have a gripe with her, I'm not sure how you manage on the boards at all!
  • One would hope that wedding etiquette was not the only rules of etiquette followed in life. A simple "is there a way to block someone?" without a back story would have sufficed, or possible posting to the technical board. I feel quite bad for the person that you are referring to. Lots of people irk me. I just think it's better dealt with on a private platform.
  • @jells2dot0 I was on here in 2003 as well. I wonder if we "know" each other...
  • @jells2dot0 I was on here in 2003 as well. I wonder if we "know" each other...

My old user name was "Jells1107", which is where "Jells2dot0" came from :)

• Ah! I totally remember you! I was RenaeandDoug.
  • This gif isn't meant for anyone in particular.

I was just reading this thread and saw your post. It made me laugh, thank you! 

Also I agree with the majority. She could of just asked simply "How do you ignore someone on here?" Anyways it's going to happen on any forum site. Some people are going to like opinions from someone and some people are going to end up not liking you at all. To each their own. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are we back in middle school?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards