October 2014 Weddings
Options

October 15, 2014

Just wondering if there are any other brides out there who have set their date for October 15, 2014... or really any other Wednesday in the month!

I'd love to hear the reason why you chose that date.

My reason is simple: My FI and I began going out on October 15, 2009 when we were both finishing up high school. So next year on our wedding date we'll not only be celebrating the date of our marriage but the fact that we will be celebrating our 5th anniversary. Part of the reason this date is so appealing is that my FI is horrible with dates. He has this date memorized in his head and if he ever wants to know how many years we have been together he just needs to take our wedding anniversary and add 5 years to it! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: October 15, 2014

• Options

Congrats on your engagement!

You are prepared for a higher number of declines for your rsvps since some of your guests will be unable to make it to a midweek wedding, right? Of course, it all depends on what sort of wedding you are planning on having.

'Just something to keep in mind.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I actually have planned on a very small wedding and most people claim that they can leave work a little early but I know at the last minute they may back out. As long as my immediate family shows that is all I care about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You sound like a true romantic.
  • Options
    I would like to thank you. On a different threat I was called stupid, childish, rude, inconsiderate... all because I picked a Wednesday instead of going with the socially acceptable weekend wedding. It has actually prompted me to stop sharing most wedding details on here for a while.

It was just too hard to pick another date when our 5th anniversary was staring us right in the face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HisMrsJHisMrsJ member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    Thats terrible that those things were said to you. I don't think because you chose a date that is mid week makes you any of those things. It makes your day even more special and sweet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards