• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Budget and DIY Weddings

Centerpieces!!!

edited October 2013 in Budget and DIY Weddings
So my girlfriend and I came up with the idea of fondu pots for center pieces at our reception and I LOVE this idea!! My FI on the other hand actually said the words "lets fondont". :( I think I'm the most disappointed about missing out on something that I've never seen before! Does anyone have any ideas for DIY Centerpieces that are not vases, flowers , and candles?? I'm so bored of vases flowers and candles!! (Especially since I am not going to spend the money to have really beautiful vases flowers and candles!!)

Re: Centerpieces!!!

• Cut glass bowls filled with pebbles.  A jar of seashells.  Glass bottles filled with layers of colored sand.  Paper lanterns.  Branches in jars or pots decorated with whatever you like.  

Here are some pictures to give you some ideas.  I got all of these pictures from google.  Just search "DIY wedding centerpieces."  Most of the results will have flowers or candles just because that's what most people do.  However, just look through them and you'll see some ideas without candles or flowers or even see something with flowers and candles that you'll either like or will spark an idea for something similar without those things.  Good luck!

Yes, these are candles, but I think putting shells/sand/etc. in the bottom of a little jar with water covering would be pretty!

• I think these are adorable and different- candy topiaries

• My venue has different centerpieces that they provide. I think the one I am going to go with is this lantern type thing... I don't know what to get to surround it though. But my centerpieces is something I am NOT worried about. I don't think people pay much attention to them.

melbelleupmysticl
  • We're doing a vase with colored sand and a led tea light with shells around it
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • You can even skip centerpieces if you want. My good friend was married this summer, and the closest thing she had to a centerpiece was a silver plate with the table number painted on it, propped up on a little easel with a couple of loose flowers scattered around. It was just enough, and small enough that everyone at the table could still talk to each other.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
    melbelleup
  • you dont have to spend alot of money for vases flowers or candles.i bought all my supplies (save for flowers)at dollar tree.i barely spent 30 bucks.flowers for the whole wedding wil only cost me about 300.The WHOLE wedding/reception.sams club-can buy them for cheap in bulk.
  • Cupcake bouquet
    Favour centrepieces
    Non-Floral Centerpieces :  wedding decor pittsburgh Stacked
    Books
    image or image
    sheet music
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
    lcroken
  • Thanks everyone! I think I just feel like I've seen it all :/ and I loved the idea of something I hadn't send AND that people could eat! Everyone loves food! I'm glad I have time to think about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards