Honeymoon Discussions

Where to go on honeymoon. Dont want to be disappointed.

edited October 2013 in Honeymoon Discussions

Hello All! I have only been on two "real" vacations (other places were visiting family or being deployed) I went to Punta Cana Dominican Republic and Cozumel Mexico. Both places were beautiful however my Finace and I would like to try somewhere we have never been for our honeymoon.  What I loved about Punta cana and Cozumel was the weather, palm trees, clear amazing water and nice beaches and the all inclusive resort.

Since I have only ever been to those two places and they were amazing...I am scared that I will be let down on our honeymoon. Has anyone been to either of these two places and can recommend an amazing honeymoon destination that will compare?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• What is your budget?  Do you just want beaches or do you want activities off the resort?  Is an all inclusive a must have?  What time of year?
  • Budget probably up to about $6,000. I would like to go on a few excursions (usually the resort has a list to choose from) all inclusive is a must have. Not sure on the time of year, we really haven't set a date yet.
  • Sorry new to the board...not sure what the "accept or reject" answer is for LOL
  • AprilH81 said:

For $6,000 you can do just about anything you want in the Caribbean.  Cruises would be an option if you wanted to island hop...

Grand Cayman has BEAUTIFUL beaches, as does Antigua and Barbados.  St. Lucia is beautiful but doesn't have great beaches because it is a volcanic island.

St. Thomas and St. Martin are more developed and touristy but have beautiful beaches and tons of activities if you want more than lounging on the beach.

Thank you! I will check those places out.
  • Is the Bahamas a place that will meet my requests?
  • Is the Bahamas a place that will meet my requests?

I don't know if they have all inclusives there...  They will have excursions and nice beaches though.

If you get married in the late fall, winter or early spring the weather may not be as warm as you would like.  Most of the islands are way off the coast of Florida so the water can get chilly.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • They don't have all inclusives, but I recommend Hawaii!  It is so beautiful and your 6k budget will get you a 2 week multi island stay if you work your budget right.  Kauai and Maui are just wonderful!  There is so much to do there. 
  • Actually there are a few all inclusive places in the Bahamas sandals has two (one in Nassau and one on Exuma) I know there is one on Grand Bahama also in Freeport I believe those are just the ones I know I so there might be others. They do have great beaches, snorkeling, diving and fishing but depending on the year the water can be chilly. I agree with AprilH81's suggestions and will add Aruba for pretty beaches. Good luck I know choosing is difficult especially if you try to pick one island in the Caribbean which is why we ended up going with a cruise
  • Thanks all, Fiancé nixed the Bahamas...:( I'll check out the other places.  I can't do a cruise, I went on my first one recently and even with sea sick patches and pills my doctor prescribed I was horribly sea sick 2 of the 4 days LOL
  • Try cheapcaribbean.com They have great prices, but even if you don't book with them it's a great starting point to learn about the islands, what kinds of hotels they have, and read reviews.
  • Have you thought about Belize? It can be pretty budget friendly. Plus there are a ton of activities/ exploring to do. You could even take a day trip to Guatamala and see Mayan ruins.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards