Just Engaged and Proposals

Engaged for All Time-Fiance died.

Hello, Just wondering if there were any other girls that had a similar situation as me this year...and by that I mean having their fiance pass away before the wedding. We had our wedding planned August 10th and then I found out I had a rare throat cancer and we had to "postpone" until 2 surgeries and radiation side effects wore off. Well he died in an accident before I got better. I have my wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, had a bridal shower and got all new things and no husband. I wear my wedding band and put his in an urn with his ashes. Looking for anyone that can relate.

Re: Engaged for All Time-Fiance died.

• Oh that is terrible. I'm so sorry. :( I can't even imagine...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so very sorry. You're in my thoughts.
  • This also happened to a young lady we know. It's devastating. I am so very sorry.
  • so sorry that is absolutely terrible
  • I am SO sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers!!
  • I am so very sorry for you loss. You are in my thoughts.
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • I am very sorry that you are going through this. I can not relate but I do know the pain of losing someone very close unexpectedly just this year. My thoughts are with you. 
  • So sorry that this happened to you!  While I don't know anyone who has been in the situation, I probably would do the same.
  • So sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers to you and yours!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't even begin to imagine. I am so sorry for your loss. 
  • I think if you check into it in your area you might be able to find a bereavement group. I don't know how likely you will be to find another person who is going through exactly what you are, but many people have lost their husbands and wives and being married to him or not you still had the same kind of relationship, you just never got the ceremony. 

If your not comfortable talking to people about it in person, there are lots of support groups for about anything you can imagine online. I know you can find support for your loss.

I can only imagine your pain and what you have gone through in the past year with all the treatments etc and than to loss him. Sweetie... I know you don't know me but I took care of my father when he had throat cancer. I watched him almost wither away, the pain, the not being able to eat or sleep. I feel for you on a deep level. You don't know me but your welcome to contact me through here and am happy to give you a sounding board. I don't know the kind of loss you are dealing with. But I have lost my sister, my mothers and helped my dad through his cancer. So I can at least be a sounding board.,

Many hugs to you and sending healing light your way.
    Take care of yourself.
  • I'm very sorry for your loss.  Thoughts and prayers for you.
  • So Sorry for your loss.... This has to be anyones worst nightmare... saying a prayer for you
  • I am so sorry, and agree with other posters that finding a support group would hopefully help somewhat. I hope you heal well with time and support from those close to you and him.
  • I am so very sorry for your loss, many hugs to you…

• I am so sorry for your loss. I will definitely pray for you and your family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    I am so sorry for your loss. I can only try and imagine what it must feel like, and I am sure anyone not in your place could never fully understand what this must feel like for you. 

I offer my condolences, and a hug. 
  • I am so sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts.

Dinayarose brought up some good suggestions. A bereavement group might really help. You are able to connect with other people who have gone through similar situations, and you will be able to vent and explain how you feel in a supportive setting.

Peace be with you

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm so sorry for your loss. 

I too, couldn't imagine what you're going through. 

Two years ago (next week, actually) my 21-year-old cousin was murdered. He and his girlfriend of 2 years had been planning to move in the spring and his parents told us he was saving for a ring. His girlfriend was understandably devastated. Two years later, she's still hurting but is learning to have fun again. 

I hope you can find peace and happiness in your future. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards