Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Venue Timeline & Contact w/ Coordinator

We're 2 months away.  The wedding coordinator at our venue never initiates contact with us, and always takes days(occasionally, weeks) to reply when we have asked questions in the past. We had been emailing every few months with questions or to coordinate deposits, etc. I feel like we bother her. 

What has your contact been like with your venue?

If you've already had your wedding, what was your coordinator contact like at 2 months out?

Re: Venue Timeline & Contact w/ Coordinator

• Options
    Is there anything your coordinator really needs to initiate contact on?  Honestly, we didn't talk much with our coordinator until it got much closer.  We had a due date for each deposit and just mailed it in.  

You are mostly likely just one of many, many couples getting married....don't take it personal.  They are probably swamped working out details for the couples getting married in the next week or so.  Your wedding, while quite possibly the biggest thing going on in your life now, is just a blip on their calendar sometime in the future.

That said, they should be responsive if you have questions.  Have you called them or is it just email?

FWIW, At 2 months out, we had an appt to give them our selections for the menu.  Then I don't think we did much else until a few weeks before.

• Options

JoanE2012 said:
    Is there anything your coordinator really needs to initiate contact on?  Honestly, we didn't talk much with our coordinator until it got much closer.  We had a due date for each deposit and just mailed it in.  

You are mostly likely just one of many, many couples getting married....don't take it personal.  They are probably swamped working out details for the couples getting married in the next week or so.  Your wedding, while quite possibly the biggest thing going on in your life now, is just a blip on their calendar sometime in the future.

That said, they should be responsive if you have questions.  Have you called them or is it just email?

FWIW, At 2 months out, we had an appt to give them our selections for the menu.  Then I don't think we did much else until a few weeks before.

Very, very good point. Can be very hard to remember that!

They have to do all of the coordination of any vendors or rentals, as per their contract. So, for example, we were asked to provide a delivery time to our cake people...took about 2 weeks to get an answer for them and other similar details.

Ok, gotta let it go!!

• Options
    she probably has other weddings before yours so you will not be her priority until a week or 2 before your wedding.  Majority of contact was email/phone call. I met her twice before my wedding (the day I got info on the venue and then again at our menu sampling).   She gave me a schedule of due dates about 3 months prior so I gave her the info she needed via email on those dates (guest count, menu, etc). months before the wedding if I had a question it usually took her a few hours/day to respond if early in the week; later in the week would probably take her to Monday for a response.  There were times it took her longer but eventually she got back to us.  Week of the wedding she was on it as my wedding was her priority so I got answers right away.      

as long as you know what she needs from you, at 2 months there is not much she needs to be doing for your wedding.  You are just a name on the calendar at that point.   

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have e-mailed our venue coordinator a couple times with questions recently. He hasn't gotten back to me on any of them yet, but I keep telling myself he probably has 50 other weddings before mine so I need to relax :) None of the questions need answered right away and the only person it's bothering at this point is me so I try to let it go. Hopefully once the wedding gets closer he will get back to me a lot faster.
  • Options
    The coordinator position at our venue turned over from when we signed the contract. The person we signed with was very attentive and proactive (sending us ideas, photos, etc). The new person is obviously green, and the contrast is very stark.
  • Options
    Our coordinator didn't call us unless she was returning out call. They had given us timeline on when payments needed to be made, when head counts were due, and linen colors & menu needed to be picked by. There were occasions where there was phone tag, but she was great to deal with, and our day went out perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards