Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Oily face AND hair ... AHHHH HELLLLLP !!!!

Hey ladies !  I have struggled for yeaaars with oily skin and hair!  It grosses me out like no other and I'm super embarrassed about it.  I have tried just about EVERYTHING you can think of to help and sadly nothing works.  It's absolutely the most frustrating thing ever!  Has anyone had this problem?  Any suggestions on what I can do to try and get it under control ? 

Re: Oily face AND hair ... AHHHH HELLLLLP !!!!

• Options
    Don't wash too much.  I know that sounds nutter butters and counter productive, but hear me out.  Washing too much creates dryness and your skin has to compensate by creating more oil.  For skin, use a light oil-free moisturizer after you wash your face and over time, your shininess should tone down.  You can also carry blotting papers (toilet paper/tissues work in a pinch, too) to minimize on the go.  For hair, try to start washing it every other day.  I also like a dry shampoo to absorb oil or baby powder (well blended, of course) works too.  Also get a boar-bristle brush, it'll help distribute your hair's oils down the strands to keep your whole head less greasy but still shiny and moisturized.  Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Also for the oily hair a little bit of baby powder goes a LONG way!!! Just spinkle some on your hand and fluff through your hair. It calms the oil down and makes your hair super soft. 
  • Options
    I have a similar situation. My scalp is really oily and gets oily within hours after a shower, but my ends will be very dry. I will use baby power on my scalp and brush it out to keep the oil from showing. I was told by my stylist to not use conditioner on my scalp, but since my hair can get tangled quickly, I apply conditioner to my mid section and roots first, then whatever I have left I will use on my scalp. That way it will not get all the oil, but a ton easier to come out.  
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    Kelcita21 said:
    I have a similar situation. My scalp is really oily and gets oily within hours after a shower, but my ends will be very dry. I will use baby power on my scalp and brush it out to keep the oil from showing. I was told by my stylist to not use conditioner on my scalp, but since my hair can get tangled quickly, I apply conditioner to my mid section and roots first, then whatever I have left I will use on my scalp. That way it will not get all the oil, but a ton easier to come out.  

I too have oily hair by the end of the day - but it also is dry/frizzy.  I condition just the bottom and recently starting using "it's a 10" leave in product, which i love. It def made a big difference for me.  
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I refuse to wash my hair every day.  I do at least every other. I also use organix shampoo and conditioner. It makes it so soft and tangle free with no issues. It also helps lengthen my hair a lot. Like others mention, I don't put conditioner on my head, just midway and down. I also have an oily face, but I haven't found anything to solve it yet other than not to touch my face esp while I'm touching my hair or at work.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Dry shampoo is my best friend , dove is good but does leave hair white so you will have to brush it out  and batiste has one with a brown tint if you have darker hair. I've tried others and I like these two the best! Also invest in a mattifying primer. Sephora has lots. I used the boscia oil control love it and tarte clean slate primer. I also use Mac blot powder to set my foundation.  

• Options
    Thank you SOO much for your comments Ladies!!  I'm super excited to use some of your suggestions and hopefully kick this nasty oily problem I have going on !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards