February 2014 Weddings

Feeling accomplished

Last Saturday my fiance and I picked up our wedding bands. Monday my fiance booked our honeymoon flights and today we met with our photographer.

Now I have to think about buying my dress accessories and starting my vows. I am starting to feel like our wedding is coming even faster each time we check things off our list.

Hope you other ladies are getting lots of stuff done too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Feeling accomplished

• Not well - I think I'm going to live vicariously through you and your wedding planning accomplishments.  I look forward to when it is all over - so much less stress!  But I did start the pre-marriage counseling last night, so that's one thing that is getting done. 

• That's why I wanted a small wedding. Much less stress. I love being able to actually enjoy our engagement instead of it going by in a blur.

Hope your pre-marriage counseling goes well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's going good.  There is only so much you could do ahead of time...then when I do it too earlier I start double guessing my decisions, lol (drives my FI insane).  It's kinda nice that now it's getting closer because it seems everything is peicing together like a puzzle, one after the other.

Last weekend I did a big one by finally getting bridesmaids dresses! I was dreading it so much but it worked out perfectly.  Now time to try my best to help my MIL and mother to find theirs. Still have to get our bands. Waiting for my dress to still come in (targetted for Dec) so that is a bit nerve wrecking itself.  Especially since I'm trying to not stuff my face over the holidays.

Stressed with thinking of the finalization of vendors and details but I have faith that I'm paying them for a reason and they are professionals that know what they are doing.

My wedding isn't really too small I think. 180 guests? Not sure if that is average.  Engaged since March 28.  So overall I think I'm doing good.  Wedding checklists and budgetting tools have helped me alot.

Congrats on feeling accomplished.  Best feeling especially when it's for your wedding. :) My FI was on top of the honeymoon and took care of booking.  Hawaii here we come! :D

• @PetKatSold2011 Hawaii!  That will be awesome!  I've always wanted to go, but not for a honeymoon, because I'll want to do crazy amounts of hiking and I'll be too exhausted at night for anything else.  Do you know where in Hawaii, if you don't mind me asking?

And I hear you about the bridesmaid dress shopping.  I was actually looking forward to it, until I realized that it was going to be much harder and more expensive for my girls than I realized.  If I had picked dark blue as a colour instead of light, I could have found dresses easier, but the heart wants what it wants!

• Hey @kerbohl !  That is a very good point.  My FI and I had discussed how many excursions or activities we would want to limit ourselves to because we do want it to be relaxing. We are pretty active and like to get to know places we travel to but we will be monitoring if we do too much because we want to have energy for each other, haha.   We are trying to get it through our heads it's not an average vacay. It's our honeymoon! :D We will be in Maui but planning to take a helicopter ride to the visit Pearl Harbor (I'm into history etc) to pay our respects. Turned out more affordable just traveling for the day to the big island.

Awe I felt the same way.  I was lucky enough to have things just work out because initially I was worried I was too  "go with the flow" with what they wanted (example: some wanted short the other two long) and since they were paying I felt bad not granting them what they wanted....overall they realized the wedding is very formal and they had to do what suited the wedding without me saying much. I told them I wanted them to feel like my elite group so the one particular dress did it.  I had it easy because I didn't have a specific shade of color also.  But let me tell you, if you know what you want and have a specifc picture of what you want your wedding to look like, even if it's a little more pricey or harder to find at least you will feel more confident it will all be worth it in the end because it exactly contributes to what you had in mind.  Your girls will get it. Like you said, the heart wants what it wants!  You acknowledging how hard it is shows you care.

• I live on Maui and am having my wedding here if anyone needs help I'm happy to lend some advice :) happy planning February 2014 is fast approaching
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards