November 2013 Weddings

Major crisis averted today!

I have planned so well for our wedding..... at least I thought so. I forgot the most important part until last night.

We forgot to get our wedding license...aaahhh!

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Luckily, my FI works four days a week and today is his day off so we had to go get our license this morning with 9 days to go. I'm glad my brain started working long enough to remind this! The lady at the register of deeds asked us if we were waiting until the last minute for a reason. Yep....because I'm a moron, haha!

I'm sure we'll look back and laugh one day but last night was major panic time.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Major crisis averted today!

• Eek!!!  Glad you remembered!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Eek!!!  Glad you remembered!

Thanks! Now I have checked, double checked and triple checked to make sure I haven't missed anything else!

• We just got ours this morning too. Not as much of a rush for us, we still have 17 days to go, but I'm certainly glad we got it out of the way. :)
  • We haven't picked up ours yet either. We probably won't be able to until Wednesday.  We don't have a waiting period here and, even if we forgot, we're a common law state so we can declare ourselves legally married whenever we want to.  But still, not exactly a small detail and I'd much rather not forget it.

:::goes to put sticky note on front door:::
  • WonderRed said:
    We haven't picked up ours yet either. We probably won't be able to until Wednesday.  We don't have a waiting period here and, even if we forgot, we're a common law state so we can declare ourselves legally married whenever we want to.  But still, not exactly a small detail and I'd much rather not forget it.

:::goes to put sticky note on front door:::
    They changed our laws here so we aren't a common law state. We had to get a license since I am divorced. Luckily, we don't have a waiting period here either!
  • Whew good thing you remembered!!
  • we just got our application turned in last friday we have a 24hr waiting period here in south carolina, so with my work schedule i hadnt be able to get there to pick it up, they close at 430 so im going today since i work half days on friday 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards