Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Planning a U.S. honeymoon - where do we go???

My fiancee and I are planning a brief honeymoon in the United States right after our wedding and then planning on going to Europe the following year for a bigger, longer vacation/honeymoon. I'm looking for ideas on good locations within the US for honeymoons. I'm leaning towards a Disney honeymoon but my fiancee isn't too keen on the idea...we were also thinking of Las Vegas. 

Does anyone have any other ideas for good US honeymoon spots? 

Re: Planning a U.S. honeymoon - where do we go???

• Options
    Where do you live? What time of year is your wedding? What do you like to do? Budget?

Those things will probably factor in to what you guys do. There's lots of options I am sure. My fiance and I almost picked Houston for our honeymoon. We're getting married in February and wanted somewhere warm. We changed to Puerto Rico cause it's still part of the USA (no passport needed), warm and somewhere new to both of us. The plane flights were also comparable in price from Chicago.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    And what are you in to? I was going to say Yosemite but from your Disney and Vegas ideas, camping (even cabin camping with hiking and similar activities ) may not be your thing.
  • Options
    Savannah, GA! Gorgeous, romantic, tons to do, and no open container laws. ;)
  • Options
    How about Florida Keys, California, Hawaii, or Alaska?
  • Options
    @fre3doms - We live in the Pacific Northwest, the wedding is planned for October, and we're looking for something that is relaxing but where we can enjoy each other's company in a fun atmosphere. We may be on a budget but we are looking for a tiny bit of luxury. Disney is my ideal but he just feels that's just for kids. (Any tips on convincing him otherwise? :) )

@freebread03 - Yes, camping might not be our ideal honeymoon. :) 

Another idea that was mentioned by a friend was New Orleans...
  • Options
    Orlando is gorgeous in October! That's the perfect time here because it's less humid and rainy. Anywhere in Florida would be good, really. Key West, Siesta Key, and Sanibel Island are others you should check out if you like the beach!

Disney is definitely not just for kids! I grew up 45 minutes way from Disney World and still live close by. FI and I go several times a year and it's super fun! Plus if you're there on your honeymoon they give you these buttons to wear that say "Just Married" and you get some perks in the parks :) Disney can actually be very romantic!
  • Options
    If your hubby isn't keen on Disney I'd save it for a trip later on. You always have time to go. Hawaii is always nice. I'm a HUGE fan of the Southwest. I think it is the prettiest part of the nation. Grand Canyon, Zion, Lake Powell are all awesome in October. But a little more active than you may be looking for. 

• Options
    Orlando is gorgeous in October! That's the perfect time here because it's less humid and rainy. Anywhere in Florida would be good, really. Key West, Siesta Key, and Sanibel Island are others you should check out if you like the beach!

Disney is definitely not just for kids! I grew up 45 minutes way from Disney World and still live close by. FI and I go several times a year and it's super fun! Plus if you're there on your honeymoon they give you these buttons to wear that say "Just Married" and you get some perks in the parks :) Disney can actually be very romantic!
    I echo that Sanibel Island may be a good choice.  Low season in the area, but be sure to pack bug spray, there are a lot of 'no-see-ums' that will eat you alive.

Sanibel Island is about 30-40 minutes from the Ft. Meyers airport (RSW airport code).  It is a quiet island, not a party atmosphere at all.  99% of the businesses on the island are NOT chains, the two exceptions I can think of are the Dairy Queen and Cheeburger, Cheeburger (which almost doesn't count because it was the FIRST).  
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    We did our honeymoon at Disney World.  Lots of people go there for their honeymoon.  October would put you there for the food and wine festival at Epcot.  It is awesome and was a very happy surprise for us on our honeymoon.  It is a very grown up event.  Yes, there are kids at the park with their parents but the food is grown up food (some kids might like it) and wine and other alcoholic drinks are definitely for grown ups.  We basically ate and drank our way around the world.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Napa Valley in Nor Cal is nice if you guys are into wine country...

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards