Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registering for seasonal items...

How should we go about registering for seasonal items? They are here for such a short time should we even bother at all? 

Re: Registering for seasonal items...

• Options
    Like Christmas/Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations?

I'd only register for items that will still be in stores the 2-3 months (depending on when your shower is if you're having one) before your wedding. Don't bother registering for stuff that will be out of stock by the time you get married. 
  • Options

Agree- probably 90% of the gift buying on my registry took place either right before a shower, or in the ~2 months before the wedding.  If the seasonal items will be in stock during this period, go for it.  Otherwise, I think they will likely be out of stock when people go to purchase gifts. 

It looks like BBB does have a couple of sets of Christmas dinnerware that they stock year round.  So depending what you are looking for, there may be some year round options.  I think it is fine to register for seasonal items if that is what you want and will really enjoy.

• Options
    Go for it, if I saw Christmas/Thanksgiving items on a registry I would get those in a heartbeat.  I love to decorate and I can remember who bought me which items in my collection.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    By seasonal items do you mean holiday decorations? Or like flannel sheets/heated blankets (winter) and patio dishes/furniture (summer)? If the former, I wouldn't just because that stuff comes and goes so quickly, it'll probably be discontinued. If the latter, I think it's a good idea if that's what you want for your home together.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I think registering for seasonal items is a good idea, as long as you stay on top of your registry. As items go on clearance or a discontinued be sure to delete them if they go unpurchased. Target has a lot of turn over and many of the housewares are seasonal, so it is best to keep a close eye on your registry anyway and make sure you don't have a bunch of item guests can't purchase. It's frustrating trying to find something off a registry only to discover it is no longer for sale.
    I would totally buy Xmas decorations or holiday towels if they were on the registry!
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    The  only problem with registering for seasonal items is the stock is low and if people don't purchase it within a month or so, the items won't be in the store anymore.
  • Options
    Some people I know aren't comfortable giving holiday decorations (Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter, etc.)  For me that's too personal, too taste-specific, even if it's registered for.

If you're talking seasonal items like a snowblower or snowman building kit, or barbecue tools and camping equipment, that stuff is cool and useful and would be good to put on a registry, as long as people have time to buy it before it goes away.
  • Options
    no harm in putting them on there.  A lot of times those can be purchased online year-round.  and if not, you either get them or you do not.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think it's fine as long as you don't get sad if people don't buy it for you.  We did this and got a couple things under the tree - then we bought most of what was left in the after-season clearance sale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When is your wedding? We had a January wedding and got a few Christmas related gifts. I loved it! My parents got us the prettiest Lennox Nativity Set and it is one of my most favorite gifts we received. Plus, we will definitely use it every single year forever. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards