Pre-wedding Parties

16 year old bridesmaid- bachalorette party

Hi ladies.

My bestie and MOH asked me if I wanted a bachalorette party- which I am totally up for, so she asked for some things I would want to do. Where I have a 16 year old sister for a bridesmaid I didn't know if you guys could come up with any good ideas that aren't lame. No strippers, drinking or toy parties...At least not for the first half. Any suggestions would be good!

Thanks

Re: 16 year old bridesmaid- bachalorette party

• Some ideas: spa day, pole dancing class, blow-job class, lap-dance class, stripping class,  pay a fee to "rent" a pool at a hotel or something for a day (or just go to the beach), lingerie party, slumber party, sex toy party, going out for dinner, cooking class, or karaoke.
  • >< WOW!

She is very religious too. Should have mentioned that, she has like no interest in boys now. Any other suggestions!!
  • Camping (glamping), a sports event, a spa day, an adult slumber party with stupid board games and girly movies and candy. 
  • I had a bachelorette tea, where my best friend rented out a local tea room. You could also do brunch or lunch if you don't have a tea room near you. Or you could do a group class (yoga, cooking, crafting).
  • Ah, sorry, for some reason I didn't picture an "innocent" 16 y/o, just the fact that she wouldn't be legal drinking age.  Anyways, PPs have good suggestions.
  • I like the tea idea. The yoga class- not so much that would just be emberassing. I am not a fit person. I like the thought of taking the train to Boston and going to the aquarium and out to dinner. All my girls would like that.
  • Oh, I love the New England Aquarium! That sounds like a really fun, chill bachelorette.
  • That sounds like a nice idea.
  • Something I offered to my MOH as an idea for the "beginning" of the bachelorette party is to go to a bead store so all my bridesmaids can bead their own necklaces for the wedding day to match their bridesmaid dresses; I'm offering $20 for each necklace and will also purchase the wiring and the crimp beads etc. That way it something all seven of us (myself, four adults, and two minors) can do, and then we'll do dinner after. Then my sister and FI's cousin will go home as the rest of us do...whatever it is my MOH is deviously planning.
  • I have a 16 y/o and 18 y/o bridesmaid. We are going to go get mani/pedis at the spa and then go to the dinner. The girls will go home and me and the rest of the over 21 ladies will hit the bars after dinner. 
  • Tammym1001 that sounds like fun, but I was kinda inconsiderate when asking my girls (didn't mean to) but  I have 3 bridemaids that don't have full time one. My MOH is the only one older than 18 and My 18 year old twin sister are in college and doing work studies to pay for their tuition and my 15 year old sister doesn't have a job. So we have to do something that isn't breaking bank. Mani/pedis take an hour or two and are like 70$ where I live if you don't want some sort of nail fungus.
  • Could you do something like that at your house instead? Have a little spa day where you guys paint each other's nails or do your own and order pizza and watch movies or something.
  • What do your sisters like to do? What about your MOH? Do they like anything of the same? 

Some ideas: aquariums, museums, beach, zoo, a festival of some sort, a concert, bowling (cosmic would be a blast and whoever wants to drink can)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • doeydo said:
    Ah, sorry, for some reason I didn't picture an "innocent" 16 y/o, just the fact that she wouldn't be legal drinking age.  Anyways, PPs have good suggestions.
    Would you seriously be comfortable at a sex toy party with ANY 16 year old?  Would you like to watch a 16 year old learn how to give a blow job???  I seriously think my head might explode right now/
    And she specifically said no sex toy parties.  

Even if the 16 year old is the biggest slut on the planet it is inappropriate for an adult to invite her to participate in those activities.  

Heck, I'm an adult and I wouldn't go to half of those things.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeydo said:
    Ah, sorry, for some reason I didn't picture an "innocent" 16 y/o, just the fact that she wouldn't be legal drinking age.  Anyways, PPs have good suggestions.
    Would you seriously be comfortable at a sex toy party with ANY 16 year old?  Would you like to watch a 16 year old learn how to give a blow job???  I seriously think my head might explode right now/
    At 16 I had done a lot more than blow jobs.  After going to therapy, I realized I was being promiscuous, etc. due to the abuse I went through as a child.  Anyways, you're right.  It is inappropriate to do something that might encourage teens to have sex.  Sorry. 
  • My youngest bridemaid is VERY innocent, she is mentally and socially like 11 or 12- if that helps. She is very sweet but grew up very sheltered and in a religious home. That is why its important to find something that she can be included in while still having fun with my other girls. I doubt she even knows what a blow job is. ><

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
  • We did a slumber party with my BFF for her party, we watched chick flicks, had junk food and did each others nails, etc.  Very low key and still a lot of fun.

Also, I must live under a rock - didn't even know there was a such thing as a blow-job class, I was sincerely hoping it involved a blow dryer and making your hair look great...Which actually might be a fun idea if you have a hair dresser friend who might be willing to do some fun hair stuff with your girls.
  • KD+AR said:
    My youngest bridemaid is VERY innocent, she is mentally and socially like 11 or 12- if that helps. She is very sweet but grew up very sheltered and in a religious home. That is why its important to find something that she can be included in while still having fun with my other girls. I doubt she even knows what a blow job is. ><

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
    What about one of those paint your own pottery places?  Or a photo safari?  It's like a scavenger hunt only instead of obtaining items you take pictures at each location.  Bonus you have some great shots for the scrap book if you are into that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the photo Safari- Lets see if we can get the "too cool for everything" college girls to join in. LOL
  • We did a slumber party with my BFF for her party, we watched chick flicks, had junk food and did each others nails, etc.  Very low key and still a lot of fun.

Also, I must live under a rock - didn't even know there was a such thing as a blow-job class, I was sincerely hoping it involved a blow dryer and making your hair look great...Which actually might be a fun idea if you have a hair dresser friend who might be willing to do some fun hair stuff with your girls.
    I was really praying that was a typo.  Very little shocks or surprises me anymore, but I was definitely taken aback.  
  • I think a spa day and then dinner at a nice restaurant would be great for the first half, then afterwards you and your 21 and over girls can go to the club or where ever you decide to do afterwards.
  • We are doing one of those painting classes that are all the rage right now. We have an instructor who will show us how to paint a specific painting. There will be alcohol for those over 21 but we will have stuff for the non drinkers as well.
  • KD+AR said:
    I love the photo Safari- Lets see if we can get the "too cool for everything" college girls to join in. LOL
    It's actually something sororities do instead of scavenger hunts so they don't violate "no hazing" rules.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hmm, I will bring it to my MOH's attention. It has to be done 4 months before the wedding because of the college girls schedules. They live 4 hours away when school is in session. And they are both in Honors classes so a little more demanding then regular classes. But, I think that would be fun. And my MOH is really smart, so I think she could do it in riddles to make it super fun.
  • One of my friends did a make your own sundae bar theme party. Combine that with pizza or apps that you can make in the oven and some chick flicks, you have a fun girls night in, low cost and all age appropriate.

Another idea would be if you have any places in your area that offer paint your own pottery, that can be a fun group activity too.

• My BFF's bachelorette included her little sister (who was probably around 15 or 16 at the time) plus the MOH, myself, and another bridesmaid. We met up at the bride's apartment and decorated her car for the bachelorette. Party City has a great car decorating kit (not inappropiate) with window clings, magnets, stuff like that. Then we went out for dinner in this great historic downtown that was close to where my friend lived at the time. Afterwards we went out bowling and then returned to the bride's apartment to watch silly girly movies and have a sleepover. This is something low-key and totally appropriate for a sheltered 16 year old and a bride who doesn't want a crazy bachelorette.

My other BFF's little sister recently got married. I wasn't invited to the bachelorette but I know what they did because my friend and I talked about it afterwards. Even though everyone was of legal drinking age my friend and her family are pretty religious and don't drink. I think they went out to one of their favorite Japanese hibachi restaurants for dinner and then went to a "paint your own pottery" studio. What I like about the paint your own pottery is everyone can choose a piece that's as cheap or as expensive as you like (like a $5 teacup versus a $50 salsa and chip platter)...versus the guided painting classes that are generally a pre-fixed price. Afterwards they went back to the bride's place and had a girl's night/sleepover type of event.

Good luck on planniing your bachelorette with your MOH! And congrats on your upcoming wedding!

• Thanks. My friend recently went to a bachelorette party where they did a painting thing... that sounds like fun. I think we may do that. Low key, close by and like you said Imhollister, as cheap or as expensive as they can afford.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards