Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Afternoon Reception?

We just got word that we will have to be out of our preferred ceremony location by 3:30pm the day of our ceremony.  We're looking at a very small wedding - max 50 guests - and want to have a rehearsal dinner type reception as our main reception.  If we have a ceremony at 2:00pm, it will be done by 3.  What are your thoughts having an early dinner reception around 4 or 4:30pm?

Re: Afternoon Reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about doing heavy apps? 4 seems a little early to me to do a full blown dinner. Can you push your reception back to 5 or 5:30 and have a slight gap in between?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    crystaloxnercrystaloxner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes - the other option is to push the reception back until 5 or 5:30, but what will guests (and us) do during the gap?  Our reception will be dinner only - we have agreed we don't want any of the traditional "stuff" (dancing, bar, garter, bouquet, etc) - it's just going to be a family dinner type celebration.The other option is to have a Sunday afternoon wedding around 2:30pm, but that would mean the reception would be even earlier. I suppose whatever we decide, we could pick food based on the time of day the reception is...
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey--I answered this for you over on the Second Weddings board.  :-)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    lbsfall06lbsfall06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had a afternoon reception and our guest thought it was great.  We got married at Maggiano's Buckhead. Our wedding started at noon in one ballroom and had the reception following in the other.  We had to be out 4.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards