Gay Weddings

Presents for the couple?

My Uncle has been with the same man for 25 years.  They recently moved to DC and have decided to make it legal and get married!  They are not making it a big deal (they have worn rings for years) and are just having a JOP wedding.  I am very close to my Uncle, he is the reason I am going to Law School.  So, I want to send them a gift anyway, but they obviously will not be registering.  My question is, what do you get the couple who has everything? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Presents for the couple?

• edited December 2011
    That is hard to say. Do you know what they like or collecet. Or you could give them a gift card to their favorite place to eat or their favorite store that shop at.
  • edited December 2011
    I think a gift certificate is a great idea. Then they can use it whenever they want and you will know that they enjoyed your gift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Do they like wine?  They have wine clubs where they mail someone a red and a white once a month for 3, 6, however many months you sign up for.
  • edited December 2011
    Something they will enjoy together!  Maybe a gift certificate for a nice restaurant near them so they can have a romantic dinner (may I suggest Zola if they're funky, or Citronelle if they like high-priced dining, or Kaz if they like sushi - I lived in DC for years, and those are my favorites!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    OOO wine club!  Love that idea, if they're winos like me...
  • ancavazancavaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like the wine of the month idea or maybe tickets to a show and gift certificate for dinner.

Congrats to your uncle and his partner!

• JoyTate1JoyTate1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wine club sounds perfect!  Thanks all!  I am pretty excited for them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards