Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

The Brookside Club

It seems really nice, read some great reviews, and affordable...Has anyone been there? Comments would be helpful!
Thanks!

Re: The Brookside Club

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its very nice, the only downfall I have heard is the lack decent hotels in the town if you are doing a destination wedding or have a lot of OOT guests.
  • Options
    tara214tara214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there next July. I have talked to a few people on this board and heard very good things. Frank and Melissa have been really nice so far but I am very early into planning and really havent had much contact with them since we put the deposit down. 

My future father-in-law's girlfriend's niece works there and has said very good things about the weddings and food there (except she said not to get the prime rib). They are pretty affordable compared to everything else we looked at and we loved how bright and open it was.

BunsCheer03 is right though, there are very few hotels in the area (and since its the summer they all have 2 night minimums and are pretty pricey). We are using the Holiday Inn in Falmouth and the Quality Inn in Bourne right over the bridge.

Good luck with your search!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception there, and overall pleased with the experience. We got great compliments being there, loved the food (yes new hubby and I took the time to sit down and actually eat it!). They're supposed to have amazing sunsets, unfortunately for us just when sunset was supposed to hit we got rain! At least we got good luck I guess? PM me if you have any questions you want answered
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a great time there for our wedding reception in April.  Everyone had a gret time, and the food was delicious.  Frank and Melissa were great to work with.  Most of our guests were OOT so we pretty much booked the entire Quality Inn in Bourne (it's on the Cape side of the Bourne bridge).  We managed to get a good sunset, and fairly warm weather for April (mid 60s) so our guests enjoyed hanging out on the deck quite a bit. 

If you have any more specific questions you want to ask me, email me at kikijbird at gmail dot com! 

Happy planning!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    was at 2 weddings there and both were wonderful... EXCELLENT food!   And there are actually a couple of hotels right on the canal... So why that came up I do not know... one is the Best western and one is something like yankee thrift or something.... Both are pretty large places so worth checking out. 
    I do think a dj would be the way to go there though.  The room was a bit too much with the live band ... not really anywhere to escape to for the older crowd that wasn't dancing.... some ended up downstairs in the bar which was a bit of a shame. 
    overall though i think it is a good choice, and the sunset was just beautiful in the back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My daughter just got married there on oct 9th everything was great and we had all had a fantastic time. most of our out of town guest used the sea crest in falmouth not far from there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards